Phonak Audeo Defect Thread
Nov 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #391 of 467
I just got my replacement, I had a white one, but they shipped me a black one.. not that it really matters.. but oh well..

anyhow..the bottom says:

Audeo PFE 112 V1
REF: 112-0003-06

(UPC CODE)

1 piece
2009-10-09

does that mean I still have the first revision or the second?.. i'm referring to the V1

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #393 of 467
I got my replacements too.
Now am I supposed to return my original? They didn't include any instructions.
The cord is obviously different.
While the originals are sorta plastic like with a smooth shine to them, these are more rubber like and dull. We'll see how they hold up during the test of time.

I just got an answer to my question from Bill Brownie Quote:

No need to return the old ones.

Thanks for your patience.

Bill

Dec 3, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #394 of 467
Damn, the mic (or maybe its only the button on it) of my PFE's (old version. My third pair...
frown.gif
) just stopped working.
Is the revision of the PFE's with microphone already out?
Also, I had my pair from the "Hören mit Fiebing"-shop (shop.hoergesundheit.de) but they don't have them in their catalogue anymore. Maybe I'll have to pm wbrownie about it.
I really cannot believe that I'm about to get the same IEM for the fourth time, but they just sound that good
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #397 of 467
From phonak or another dealer? I last heard they were out of black but were getting more in during the week and mine would be shipped from that shipment. From Phonak that is.

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #398 of 467
Well, after owning them since March and hoping I was one of the lucky ones... They finally cracked... just under 1 cm from the earpiece where it bends at the top of my ear and begins going down the back. I sent an email today, how has the response been for most? I am assuming I will be getting a "new version" but we shall see.

These RMA percentages must be huge for Phonak, as seeing my cable turn brittle over a couple of months, and expecting this is the case for most people, that had to be a costly mistake on their part.

Dec 14, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #399 of 467
I just got my replacements, they're V1's. Now i'm having an issue where the left monitor has drastically reduced volume from time to time. I'm fairly certain it is the splitter, if i pinch it or jostle it the sound goes back to normal.

Is anyone else having this issue? Has it been addressed?

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #400 of 467
I received my replacement PFE 112s on Saturday, December 5th. I must commend Phonak for sending my replacement pair via overnight Saturday delivery.

I hope the new pair of PFE 112s will last me for a few years.

Milan

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #402 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by centerfold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a black pair of PFE's (no mic), and they had a crack on the left side, as seen here:

e7jeoj.jpg

Got them exchanged pretty quickly, and didn't have to pay for anything. New one is crack-free so far.

Well, after 9 months with my 1st replacement pair;
2i0g486.jpg

: (
Sent an email to phonak, hopefully their great customer service continues to be great!

Jan 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #404 of 467
I was planning to get either RE0s or PFEs (inclined towards PFEs) but then bumped into this thread. Doesn't bode too well for my confidence in them as I'll be importing them and replacement will be tricky business.

So are all the new sales of revision 2? I have asked the seller for confirmation but just wanted to get some information from people who have had some first-hand experience. And if I have got it correct then the V1 models are the new revision 2 ones?

Jan 27, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #405 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by manuvajpai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was planning to get either RE0s or PFEs (inclined towards PFEs) but then bumped into this thread. Doesn't bode too well for my confidence in them as I'll be importing them and replacement will be tricky business.

So are all the new sales of revision 2? I have asked the seller for confirmation but just wanted to get some information from people who have had some first-hand experience. And if I have got it correct then the V1 models are the new revision 2 ones?

If you order from the Phonak website (audeoworld) then you will get the latest revision (v1).

I bought the RE0s for my GF, and I have the PFEv1s for comparison.

My thoughts are as follows:

Highs: I find the treble on the RE0 to be too bright / harsh. The PFEs have a very nice sparkly, clear treble without being overly harsh.
Mids: I am using the black filters on the PFEs, and I would say the mids are far more present on the PFEs.
Lows: Bass goes to the PFEs as well.
Efficiency: The RE0s are more efficient and require slightly less power to drive.
Cable Microphonics: The PFEs are less affected by cable microphonics than the RE0s.
Cable Quality: The new v1 cable of the PFEs is thicker but both are nice quality.
Comfort: Both are very comfortable but the PFEs have a more comfy snug fit in my ears, possibly due to the use of the Shure Olive tips. The RE0s have a loose comfy fit. The snugness of the PFEs would allow me to be more active with him. But over time, I assume both would "disappear" in my ears due to their comfort.
Isolation: Comparing stock tips, the RE0 might have a slight edge here, but I use Shure Olives on my PFEs, and so the PFEs have the edge.

Overall, I find the RE0 to be "top-end" heavy, and in the process sounds too bright at the expense of the mids and highs. Once again, I find the PFEs to be just very smooth and very well balanced throughout the range. Comfort and quality is a draw. The RE0s are more efficient but the PFEs display less cable microphonics. So I guess it comes down to price. The RE0 sells for $80 while the PFEs sell for like $130 if I recall. $50 difference. I don't know. With them both here in front of me, I would probably shell out the $50 for the PFEs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back