Phonak Audeo Defect Thread
Nov 9, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #376 of 467
I was told by Bill that the new version would be out near the end of November. My PFEs have been on the shelf for a couple of weeks now since the break and my backups (NE7M) are falling well short. I sure hope there are no problems with version 2.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #377 of 467
Even if there are problems (which I doubt) I'm pleased enough with their customer service not to worry about it.

Nov 12, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #378 of 467
Not again ! This is my 3rd pair and it brokes after 6 months of uses. the wire get harden about 3 months ago and now it crack at the tension release. the batch date is 2008-12-16
the driver is the best of all 3 pair I had, should I wait for rev 2 or remold it without knowing how long it last ? Here is the picture
P1050141.jpg

Nov 20, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #379 of 467
a new package has arrived, with better cable and housing.

Yes. The new version is shipping. We are currently fulfilling backorders and warranty issues so please be patient if it takes a few days to ship your order.

Bill

-------------------------
William H. Brownie
HearingPlanet, Inc.
100 Westwood Place
Suite 300
Brentwood, TN 37027
Direct Line: 615.724.1405
Fax Line: 615.248.5903

Nov 23, 2009 at 6:08 AM Post #381 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by alastiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a new package has arrived, with better cable and housing.

Yes. The new version is shipping. We are currently fulfilling backorders and warranty issues so please be patient if it takes a few days to ship your order.

Bill

-------------------------
William H. Brownie
HearingPlanet, Inc.
100 Westwood Place
Suite 300
Brentwood, TN 37027
Direct Line: 615.724.1405
Fax Line: 615.248.5903

So the new version has arrived at last?! This is great news! I reported a hairline crack on this thread on my white pair of PFEs a few months ago. Although the crack in the housing has not grown, my left cable cracked and although the earpiece is still connected, the left driver is dead. This happened two weeks ago, and I've been holding off on sending them in until the new version came out (like many other people)! May I send them in for a repair at the address provided in your sig? I believe I got mine in April of this year.

I think it's wonderful that Phonak has followed up on its word!!!! And thanks for following this thread and keeping all of us informed, I'll definitely be buying from you again, as long as the next pair of IEMs promise more bass than what the black filters produce + the same detail, transparency, and sparkling highs that the gray filters have - (minus) the durability issues of the V1 Phonaks = a great product!

Some other suggestions that may or may not have been discussed is that the ear tips that come with the Phonaks come off REALLY easily. If there was someway to keep the tips from falling off whether by changing the interior design or material then it would be greatly appreciated. Also the filter themselves may get displaced while in the IEM and that changes the sound quality drastically. Taking the filter out and replacing it fixes the problem though so it's not that big of a deal, but worth mentioning.

Other than that, I'm a very satisfied customer - great product, Great customer service!

Nov 23, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #382 of 467
For the people with cracked cable, do you use the silicone ear guides or not?
I don't own the phonak, but do have the ear guides. I noticed that the guide actually puts more strain on the section of cable between the end of guide and the phone connection.

Nov 23, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #383 of 467
I couldn't get a good fit with the ear guides, so I had to take them off. However they do fit my friend's ears and he really likes them. They also decrease the microphonics and prevent the cables from stiffening when left on, but I agree that they do increase the strain between the cables and housing.

Nov 23, 2009 at 7:40 AM Post #385 of 467
I've had two pairs of these bust on me because of the same issue -- cracked wire on the right earpiece, where the cable goes over the ear.

Still waiting for V2 replacement... it's been almost three months now.

Nov 23, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #386 of 467
On a side note, it's sad to see that so many people have had problems with these. It's a shame that the headphones are so good sounding but the cable is such bad quality. I feel bad for Phonak -- they're probably losing a ton of money on an otherwise outstanding product.

Nov 29, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #387 of 467
A package with my shiny, new, crack-free PFEv2 replacements just arrived this morning. Huzzah!

The cables have so far stayed in the ear guides, and I haven't had any problem with them catching my hair yet.

I did lose volume in the right phone after I dozed off for an hour or two with the right side in and the left side out. I corrected for this by changing the balance about 15% to the right in Rockbox and upping the volume a bit. Sound returned to normal after I let the phones sit out on my desk for a while (as expected).

Since the medium tips somehow seem to fit better than I remember, I'm going to try them for a while and see if the problem still occurs without the ubertight seal of the large tips. (They also appear to cut down on the microphonics a bit.)

Nov 29, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #388 of 467
Man so many people got their replacements today, maybe I just reported my problems too late, I just didnt want another set of the same ones if I reported it too early. I guess I need to send an email soon. And the official name for these seems to be V1 according to Bill.

Nov 29, 2009 at 11:22 AM Post #389 of 467
@Dhraakellian: Congrats that you finally got your replacements! And thanks for your report. I have 2 questions though: Do the replacements look different than the broken ones? I mean: Can one see that the housing got reinforced and the cables are more robust?

And, most importantly: Do the v2s sound any different than the original ones?

Thanks

FRAC

Nov 30, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #390 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hsiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not again ! This is my 3rd pair and it brokes after 6 months of uses. the wire get harden about 3 months ago and now it crack at the tension release. the batch date is 2008-12-16
the driver is the best of all 3 pair I had, should I wait for rev 2 or remold it without knowing how long it last ? Here is the picture
P1050141.jpg

I got my pair a few days ago. Haven't really even touched them. However, I'm noticing a problem already. It's not a problem with the actual wire, HOWEVER, it seems that the "feet" or whatever you call the plastic part of the earphone seems to be a bit loose. It's the part just above where the wire is cracked in your picture; which is why I am quoting it. I'm hoping this isn't going to become a problem in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back