Phonak Audeo Defect Thread
Oct 29, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #361 of 467
I was going to sell mine, but checked for cracks for a buyer and found a missing piece like the one in the picture several posts before. I bought direct from Phonak, so I'm in the process of contacting them now. I don't know how long its been there, I had not noticed it before, and I had not used them in months. They're very good and they still seem pretty solid, so its strange. Its kinda sad, because Phonak had a great product, especially at this price point, and unfortunately have screwed it all up because of a somewhat minor defect. Lesson learned for them I guess, but sounds like they're stepping up and doing good customer service wise.

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #362 of 467
Howdy,

This thread is very interesting.I am in the same boat with most of you.
Two months ago I noticed that the left channel on my PFEs was weaker than the right.

Last night I noticed a crack in my PFEs in the wire about 1 inch below the left earphone. This is frustrating, as my PFE 112s are less than 7 months old.
I sent an email to Phonak and received an email from Bill this afternoon, claiming that he'd send me a new pair once the new version of the PFEs are shipped in November. I must commend Phonak and Bill for quickly assisting me.
I hope the exchange will be hassle free. I'm looking forward to the new and improved PFEs!

Regards,

Milan

Nov 6, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #364 of 467
I recently spoke to a Phonak rep about the revisions in version 2 and was told that the new revision has improved cabling (I'm guessing to fix the sweat crystallising issue) and the soldering within the earphone body has also been improved (which is good because the wire enclosures seem super flimsy) - basically revised to be more durable.

They didn't comment on plastics or driver improvements, but if I hear anything I will update this thread.

Nov 6, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #365 of 467
UPDATE:

Apparently the plastics thing with the enclosure cracking was a problem with the first two batches manufactured. Phonak have changed the injection mould and the material mixture to stop cracks developing.

Nov 6, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #367 of 467
It would be good to see how durable they are. Unfortunately my cable isn't at its best condition, even if I have treated it very well, and sometimes there is a bad connection with the mini-jack... Will have to make use of the guarantee...

Nov 7, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #368 of 467
I will admit something here...

I am surprised at how excited I am for the problems to be fixed, solely because it will mean that the housing of the PFE will match the SOUND of the PFE. I want the "whole package" to be perfect; so while nothing is really wrong with the sound of my unit (yet), I still end up not using them for fear of causing more damage to them.

It all has something to do with the fact that we live in a broken and flawed world, and it's nice to own something that represents completeness... so a lot is riding on you Phonak!! Please do a better job with the "Round Two" PFE's!!!

Nov 7, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #369 of 467
"Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
Imagine Phonaks
have a perfect package"
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #370 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by _azoth_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UPDATE:

Apparently the plastics thing with the enclosure cracking was a problem with the first two batches manufactured. Phonak have changed the injection mould and the material mixture to stop cracks developing.

why not make i out of aluminum? =) It's grey, might as well make it aluminum. The white/black parts should be coloured metal like it is on the Turbine. At least that is how i would design it.

Nov 9, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #372 of 467
I just got email from Phonak SG, and they said the PFE v2 will be in this month. Good timing, because, I can compare them with UM3Xs, + custom sleeves and UM Mages custom IEMs (coming soon).

Thank you.

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #373 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got email from Phonak SG, and they said the PFE v2 will be in this month. Good timing, because, I can compare them with UM3Xs, + custom sleeves and UM Mages custom IEMs (coming soon).

Thank you.

Why am I not getting these emails? Bill, what's going on?

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #374 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by _azoth_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UPDATE:

Apparently the plastics thing with the enclosure cracking was a problem with the first two batches manufactured.
Phonak have changed the injection mould and the material mixture to stop cracks developing.

It's more than 2 batches. There are about 6 different batch numbers (listed on the front page), which all list cracked earpieces as the issue. I don't think anyone can be sure about which of those batches is 'safest' if they needed to get a replacement set right now. Much better to wait till the new version comes out and have any faulty ones replaced with version 2.

Nov 9, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #375 of 467
Anyone have a US phone # for phonak?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back