Phonak Audeo Defect Thread
Sep 7, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #316 of 467
Just as an FYI, you can get the non-iPod model for $119 shipped at Soundearphones.com, so they have dropped the price, but they should. If they got such a raw deal from their subcontractor, they should have pulled the product as a show of good faith, and waited to release their new "batch" so people don't have to go through this...several times in some cases.

I am not saying they are anything other than honest, but there is a right way to do things, and constantly sending out problem IEMs isn't one of them in my view. They got plenty of early love from the HF community, and the QC stumbles are making many people wonder about that support.

Update:
I see Mr. Brownie posted 8/28 on the PFE appreciation thread, and Phonak's position is the new ones are coming soon and the dropped price on the old ones represents a value with the two-year warranty, since they will replace the old with the new when the latter is available.

Anyway, still would be very frustrating to be on the third pair and have them break too. However, if you like them, really like them, wait for the new ones to come out and then send in the busted third pair, so you get the new ones. Just use an alternative in the meantime, I guess.

Sep 8, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #317 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's really bad luck Poppy. I mean for me... 'cos now I have to slot you back in the list on the front page
biggrin.gif

No, that's crap luck, three pairs??
frown.gif

Let us know what happens and if wbrownie gets back to you. He doesn't seem to have updated the thread with any new information for a long time
confused_face(1).gif

aTOOL- have you had a response from anyone yet about your pair?

Chris- the last I remember was that the materials were going to be upgraded for 'version 2'... but that doesn't help anyone who has a faulty pair from the earlier batches. It also doesn't help that no one from Phonak seems to be responding anymore. That can't be doing much for customer confidence.

Heard from the dealer today that they have received a replacement unit. Would be going to pick them up tomorrow as I missed the store closing time by 4 mins..LOL

Does anyone know how to make out if the replacement ones are from the new batch with supposedly better material???
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #319 of 467
Got my replacement PFE's from the local dealer today. I'm hoping these would not exhibit the same problem as the previous pair.

The box label says 2009-03-16. Does this mean that this is still the old batch production?

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #320 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good news , Bill got back to me yesterday and approved my refund!!
icon10.gif

Yes, that's really good news, and very fast work from Bill!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aTOOL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The box label says 2009-03-16. Does this mean that this is still the old batch production?

I just skimmed through the batch dates on the first page and I couldn't see any listed with 2009. It looks like there haven't been any known issues from that batch, but if you do experience any, it might be wise to send them back (if anything happens with them), and wait for the version with the new materials to be released.

Sep 18, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #321 of 467
Arghhh...
My 2008-batch PFE's didn't just crack, they SHATTERED!

And I was taking such good care of them? It's truly like they were made out of brittle PVC or something?

Quote:

The box label says 2009-03-16

That 2009 Batch should be from the new contractor that was earlier mentioned as being released in September? Does the material seem different at all?

I have a feeling that when the new material is confirmed as "out" that Phonak is going to realize that a lot more than a few PFE's were defective... they are going to get almost every single one back from people who have been waiting for the problem to be fixed! This is because my PFE's still work... and I LOVE them, so i'm just being patient on returning them, despite the cracks and holes. They will be slammed... too bad.

Sep 19, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #322 of 467
My 2nd pair has very stiff cables and 1 small hairline crack. Its the white version and the batch date is 2008-02-12, I think. I'd really like to get a refund, even though I really like the PFE. I'll just wait for their next IEM
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: who would be the best to contact for a refund in Europe? I'm going to send a mail to orders@audeo-online.com.

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #323 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeTrun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 2nd pair has very stiff cables and 1 small hairline crack. Its the white version and the batch date is 2008-02-12, I think. I'd really like to get a refund, even though I really like the PFE. I'll just wait for their next IEM
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: who would be the best to contact for a refund in Europe? I'm going to send a mail to orders@audeo-online.com.

I think e-mailing orders@audeo-online.com should suffice. Though I had sent e-mail to contact@phonak.ch (found on their website I guess)

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #324 of 467
Quote:

That 2009 Batch should be from the new contractor that was earlier mentioned as being released in September? Does the material seem different at all?

I haven't noticed any cosmetic differences till now. Unfortunately I do not have the older pair to compare the material with. Still would do a closer inspection and post an update shortly.

Sep 23, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #327 of 467
Bill told me that if I would like to get a refund, I had to contact the retailer where I bought it from. Retailer: Hören mit Fiebing

Sunday, I sent an e-mail to Horën mit Fiebing, where I asked for a refund. I didn't get a response, so a few days later (which was yesterday) I sent another one. Today, I've received a mail. They ignored my refund request and told me to send my pair of earphones back, so they could replace it. But I didn't want another pair, so I've sent another e-mail, where I politely requested a refund, again.
smily_headphones1.gif

I was wondering, is there someone who also has purchased a PFE from Hören mit Fiebing and after their PFE failed, also requested and received a refund? What did you do?
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #328 of 467
I also bought my PFEs at their shop. And although I didn't aks for a refund when my first pair broke I wanted them to be changed for the version with mic (of course with paying the additional price) and was at first told that this wouldn't be possible, but after asking very nice a second time it worked.
So maybe its a good strategy to try again, like you already did. My impressions concerning this shop were overall very positiv.

I'll have to contact them, too, in a while when the new version arrives, for my PFEs cracked again and I'd like to switch to the new ones.

Sep 23, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #329 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrashingshrimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bill said that the new materials will arrive sometime in the beginning of October.

And he doesn't want to offer me a refund for some odd reason, so I guess I'll wait.

I don't know why they would refund me and not you??? Did he give you a reason? If you ask for one I'm sure Bill will oblige
atsmile.gif

Sep 24, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #330 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know why they would refund me and not you??? Did he give you a reason? If you ask for one I'm sure Bill will oblige
atsmile.gif

Yeah and I'm sort of frustrated. He keeps ignoring my requests for a refund and instead says "New materials will be here sometime in October, I will issue a replacement then", or something along those lines.

Also, Bill tends to take several days to respond. Oh well, I'll keep asking I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back