Phonak Audeo Defect Thread
Apr 28, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #166 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

EDIT: necropimp, which earpiece is cracked, left or right?

left

manufacture date 2008-11-17

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #167 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
left

manufacture date 2008-11-17

Thanks. I guess that batch isn't immune either...
confused_face.gif

EDIT: wbrownie (Bill) wrote this in an earlier post: "The current stock of product shipping are a later production run and so far we have not had any returns because of cracks." ...

... but he didn't say what the date of manufacture was for that stock. If it's from the 2008-11-17 batch, then this would be the first return, and it's the same cracking problem. If Bill reads this, it might help to state the date of manufacture for current stock so owners with defective units (and other potential buyers) can make sure they don't get a pair from earlier batches. Seems like the retailers all have different stock.

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #168 of 467
Big thank you to Bill and Phonak! I contacted Audeoworld on the 20th regarding replacement black PFE's and received them today, just a week later! Bill was great in contacting me once I posted here after not hearing back.

Manufacture date: 12/2/08

Apr 29, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #169 of 467
Ahoy everybody. I signed up for this forum to report my faulty PFEs. The sound in the left earpiece kind of faded out. Its not completely dead, but the right earpiece is much louder than on the left one. After that i searched the net, if people have had similar issues, and found this forum. After reading about the cracks, i checked mine and found one too ,altough quite small, from the left piece. Haven't contacted swiss hearing-aid yet. Oh yeah, the batch is 17.11.2008

Apr 29, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #170 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by koomanaut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahoy everybody. I signed up for this forum to report my faulty PFEs. The sound in the left earpiece kind of faded out. Its not completely dead, but the right earpiece is much louder than on the left one. After that i searched the net, if people have had similar issues, and found this forum. After reading about the cracks, i checked mine and found one too ,altough quite small, from the left piece. Haven't contacted swiss hearing-aid yet. Oh yeah, the batch is 17.11.2008

Hello koomanaut
smile_phones.gif

You might want to change the filters first (unless you already have), as some people have found the channel problem's been solved with fresh filters. But the crack sounds ominous, so even if you fix the channel problem, you should still ask for a replacement. Contact details for Swiss Hearing Aids are a few pages back in this thread. It might also be worth asking for a pair with a different date of manufacture if they have any in stock.

You don't want anything from 16.10.08 and since reports are now being posted about faulty ones from 17.11.2008, your safest bet is to ask if they have any pairs in from batch number 02.12.2008. Whatever happens, you should be fine with getting a replacement since Phonak are fully aware of the problem and owners are being taken care of. Also, if you could keep us updated of any progress, that would be very helpful. Thanks.

Apr 29, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #171 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have mailed Hören mit Fiebing and asked for a refund instead of a replacement, should they refuse, I will ask Wbrownie for a replacement

They will give me a refund, have to find some other headphones now

Apr 29, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #172 of 467
just got my replacements 2008-12-02

May 4, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #175 of 467
Ok, sad to say that, mine also had a thin hairline cracks on left earpiece, and visible crack on the leg/stem of the right earpiece. Batch date: 2008-11-17. Yes this batch also have defects.

I already contacted Phonak Asia-Hub SG, and I will send it back, after I get something first
smily_headphones1.gif
. I also want to wait until Phonak gets the more durable and better quality version/batch first, or just get the white one... mmmm... choices... mmm.

But, the sound still AWESOME!!!
smily_headphones1.gif
I love it.
TQ.

p/s: soozieq : Please include my id in the Hall of Fame list
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #176 of 467
I've received replacement PFE 112 from Fiebing.

It looks like it's the same box I sent them.
The box was open in one side and closed with a Fiebing stick on the other side.
There are some very small marks in the headphones.
The headphones were packed in a different way from the original box I've received with the 1rst pair.
Now the cord was around it self, and in the 1rst box they had them with tape.
There was a card saying they sent new headphones, but the product, box and phones dont looked like new. I'm sure it's not a brand new closed box.
They offered me a set of filters.

The phones sound a bit different, maybe they sound less sharp and more dark, but with the same phonak signature, they dont sound bad, just different.
The original pair sounded like this pair without filters, but I can't be sure.
I've already changed the gray filters to another set and I'll listen to them more carefully.

PS: Sry for my English.

May 6, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #177 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by koomanaut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Soozieq. Ill try contact them. Changing the filters fixed the problem, but i had used the older filters for only like a week
redface.gif
I dont think they should wear out so fast.

They shouldn't wear out so fast. Maybe you should contact Phonak and ask for some replacement filters, I'm sure other people have had the same request granted
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, sad to say that, mine also had a thin hairline cracks on left earpiece, and visible crack on the leg/stem of the right earpiece. Batch date: 2008-11-17. Yes this batch also have defects.

p/s: soozieq : Please include my id in the Hall of Fame list
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi bakhtiar, your wish is my command
biggrin.gif

You may even get to be number 40 on the list
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlin-PT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've received replacement PFE 112 from Fiebing.
It looks like it's the same box I sent them.
There are some very small marks in the headphones.
PS: Sry for my English.

Your English is very good, no reason to apologise at all
smile.gif

It's possible they sent new replacements back in the original packaging, but they shouldn't have marks on them. Do they look like potential cracks, or are they scratches?

EDIT: bakhtiar, update us when you get your replacements. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #178 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your English is very good, no reason to apologise at all
smile.gif

It's possible they sent new replacements back in the original packaging, but they shouldn't have marks on them. Do they look like potential cracks, or are they scratches?

Tkx, you'r too kind
wink.gif

Under very close inspection, after unboxing them, I could see:
One scratch, two airline cracks in the corner (where they break) and a spot that looks like to be glue.

The sound is good... I'm using the gray filters, but it sounds like it's tuned just a notch into the black filters sound (compared to the previous model). This can be a good thing, the sound is more "real"...or maybe I was just missing their sound
ksc75smile.gif

May 6, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #179 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Merlin-PT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tkx, you'r too kind
wink.gif

Under very close inspection, after unboxing them, I could see:
One scratch, two airline cracks in the corner (where they break) and a spot that looks like to be glue.

The sound is good... I'm using the gray filters, but it sounds like it's tuned just a notch into the black filters sound (compared to the previous model). This can be a good thing, the sound is more "real"...or maybe I was just missing their sound
ksc75smile.gif

Perhaps you should PM 'wbrownie' (Bill) and request a new pair instead of the seemingly repaired set you got back. I hope they are willing to work that out for you. If you get a replacement, please be sure to update the thread, and also note the production batch number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back