PhoenixNET Impressions
Nov 25, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #91 of 117
I dont make the PhoenixNet, but i guess if you're interested in buying one you should have a chat with Innuos.

Sadly, because you persist with prosecuting your conspiracy theories on threads i find interesting, its hard to ignore the man shouting about his religion in the corner while your trying to have conversation.

I hate to have to explain this, but you are the one expecting people to believe your claims based on blind faith without objective evidence. That positions you as “religion”, with only your subjective claims and customer (believer) testimonials to support your marketing.

It’s absurd that in 2022, hard facts are being described as “conspiracy theories” and people who can’t produce a shred of objective evidence to validate their claims believe they are on the side of science.

Nice try at the insult though, but comically, you have it backwards.

Of course, you could put an end to all of this and show the specific improvements your products make. After several years of asking, it’s clear you can’t provide them.

I’m not going to waste $4k on an Phoenixnet teardown, but since you seem to want to constantly engage and challenge without offering proof, I think I’ll start by buying something from Network Acoustics and doing a chip/board level examination to see exactly how it differs from the OEM boards you’re buying and reboxing.

To avoid any conflict with Head-Fi, I’ll publish the results on my own web site along with any comments the board OEM(s) want to provide. To be fair, I’ll provide a preview to you before publishing so you can correct any errors I make during the analysis with your own test and performance metrics.

Nov 25, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #92 of 117
Doesn’t say much about the crowd posting here, but so be it.

I’d hate to be your doctor or any other professional you encounter.
Throwing personal insults. Classy.
Another behavior from the sound science forum. You feel free to throw insults, but can’t take feedback/pushback.

I found the facts you wrote interesting and informative. It’s too bad you degenerated into juvenile tactics when A) the post you quoted wasn’t even aimed toward you. And, B) wasn’t insulting your intellect or personality.

Keep up the good fight buddy.

Nov 25, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #93 of 117
Okay. I acknowledged and agreed that you had valid points and advice. I think you need to step back for a bit. I’m not arguing with you.

I’m also one to use common sense and science to help guide my audio purchases. That’s why I browse forums like sound science and ASR. I wish that those who say “I’m going to put budget audio component x in a fancy case” would actually do it. Send it on the loaner tour and see what you get.

I don’t care how you two sleep at night. My suggestion was not entirely serious. Hence tongue in cheek. You are now arguing with me for no reason. No one here (or in Summit-Fi) will do the ABX like you asked. And eve if they did, unless they confirm the null hypothesis with the test, you won’t accept the answer.

You’re not educating anymore, you’re bullying.

Asking people to support the claims they make on a public forum is “bullying”? Not even close, but nice deflection to avoid doing any actual work to support claims made.

No.

Posting your expertise and then continuing to ask for others to “prove you wrong” or provide proof of their experience is fine. You’ve made your point so move on.

This is what the sound science forum is infamous for. You are enjoying not getting a response so you can persist to argue a point which you know is scientifically and objectively correct. But, no one is going to agree with you here and has little interest in proving anything to you.

Hence bullying.

Discussing facts equals bullying to subjectivists who refuse to acknowledge facts. Got it.

Doesn’t say much about the crowd posting here, but so be it.

I’d hate to be your doctor or any other professional you encounter.

Throwing personal insults. Classy.
Another behavior from the sound science forum. You feel free to throw insults, but can’t take feedback/pushback.

I found the facts you wrote interesting and informative. It’s too bad you degenerated into juvenile tactics when A) the post you quoted wasn’t even aimed toward you. And, B) wasn’t insulting your intellect or personality.

Keep up the good fight buddy.

Editing my post to leave those two lines out of context is intellectually dishonest. As to an inability to take pushback, if that were true, I’d have exited this discussion of magic boxes long ago.

And regardless of the initiation point of the conversation, we were both clearly engaged. Calling someone with a simple technical disagreement a “bully” could be construed as juvenile - that’s where this exchange started. As internet bullying is a real issue, I don’t think that accusation should be thrown around lightly. I don’t believe a technical disagreement reaches the levels of what we are all concerned about in terms of actually impactful social media bullying, so let’s not leverage a real issue to try to attack other members..

Pushing back against inaccurate and irresponsible claims intended to encourage others to purchase expensive devices that don’t perform the impossible feels like a decent objective. I appreciate your encouragement to continue!

If my being direct and fact focused isn’t your cup of tea, as suggested to others, put me on ignore

Nov 25, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #94 of 117
Editing my post to leave those two lines out of context is intellectually dishonest. As to an inability to take pushback, if that were true, I’d have exited this discussion of magic boxes long ago.

And regardless of the initiation point of the conversation, we were both clearly engaged. Calling someone with a simple technical disagreement a “bully” could be construed as juvenile - that’s where this exchange started. As internet bullying is a real issue, I don’t think that accusation should be thrown around lightly. I don’t believe a technical disagreement reaches the levels of what we are all concerned about in terms of actually impactful social media bullying, so let’s not leverage a real issue to try to attack other members..

Pushing back against inaccurate and irresponsible claims intended to encourage others to purchase expensive devices that don’t perform the impossible feels like a decent objective. I appreciate your encouragement to continue!

If my being direct and fact focused isn’t your cup of tea, as suggested to others, put me on ignore
Likewise not posting BassicScience response where he acknowledges he was annoyed and didn’t mean the post to be bullying is equally intellectually dishonest.

You jumped into a conversation that never involved you. I accepted BasicScience explanation that he was tired and easily annoyed. End of story. Life goes on. You are the one that is persistent and carrying on.

Ignoring you is the easy option, but as I stated multiple times, you have valid and interesting points. I’ve never once said otherwise. You are arguing over a nonexistent issue. You appear to be taking this personally. I’m out. Feel free to respond since you like getting the last word. I already unwatched the thread since I’ve gotten the information I needed.

I’ll be surprised if these posts aren’t deleted since they have zero bearing on the product being discussed.

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #95 of 117
Expected: opening the thread expecting to read impressions on a mildly interesting device

Reality
homer-simpson-homer.gif

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #96 of 117
Sure, feel free to mail me the above items, and I'll try them out and report back. Send me a PM to arrange it if you want.
FYI, I think it would be fair for a deposit in proportion to the cables or device value in case they dont come back.

Nov 26, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #97 of 117
FYI, I think it would be fair for a deposit in proportion to the cables or device value in case they dont come back.
I'll pay shipping/insurance both directions. No deposit. If you won't trust me to send the stuff back, why should I trust you to refund the deposit?

Nov 26, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #98 of 117
I'll pay shipping/insurance both directions. No deposit. If you won't trust me to send the stuff back, why should I trust you to refund the deposit?
That's what paypal is for

Nov 26, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #99 of 117
That's what paypal is for
I was entrusted with $20k worth of electrostatic headphones for a week on a handshake. I'm not interested in filing a claim with PayPal if it came to that. I stated my terms. Take it or leave it.

Nov 26, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #100 of 117
Nov 26, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #101 of 117
Eating pho.

This photo is more relevant to thread than most posts.

Attachments

• 16695055125208206635467898121588.jpg
    16695055125208206635467898121588.jpg
    923.4 KB · Views: 0
Dec 25, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #102 of 117
I still do wish some people give their own impressions of this device.

For me it had a positive impact in my system.

Dec 26, 2022 at 7:59 AM Post #103 of 117
Would be nice if Linus did some objective and subjective testing like they did with
This wont change the opinion on either side probably, but the more coverage, the better for our community

Dec 28, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #104 of 117
Was in the verge of spending PhoenixNet for my Audiobyte Hydra.Hub. But was skeptical on how much SQ it will bring. Went a testing for myself on a Fiber Media Converter tweak that cost a lot less. And happy to report the tweak really works. Best tweak so far. Better than DDC, cables or power conditioners.. Am giddy for an upgrade of the tweak. Say two ÈtherRegen2 in parallel. Maybe they will add Fiber Optic in their future models like the Dela S100 or some custom Cisco Meraki w/ OCXO mod.

Jan 4, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #105 of 117
Barely 8 hours plugged in after the purchase, and I can't stop smiling / tapping my foot / having goosebumps. This device exeeded my expactations and lifted my system to the next level!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back