Philps Fidelio X1 vs sennheiser hd 598
Jan 31, 2014 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

sontyp

New Head-Fier
hej guys!
I have dicided to go for one of these headphones. Unfortunately I could not listen to the fidelio x1 
i am mainly listening to rock, metal, pop and dance music. So you can say that i like warm music with nice mids and a pleasant bass that expands into sub bass territory. I also dont have an AMP or something like that so it should be fine with a smartphone or PC. (no soundcard)
If you have alternatives give them to me :D

thank you very much! 
best regards 
Alex

Jan 31, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #2 of 27
hej guys!
I have dicided to go for one of these headphones. Unfortunately I could not listen to the fidelio x1 
i am mainly listening to rock, metal, pop and dance music. So you can say that i like warm music with nice mids and a pleasant bass that expands into sub bass territory. I also dont have an AMP or something like that so it should be fine with a smartphone or PC. (no soundcard)
If you have alternatives give them to me :D

thank you very much! 
best regards 
Alex

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #4 of 27
I haven't heard the HD558 but I owned the X1 for a while. They are really good for pop, dance music, movies etc. I didn't like them with rock though. I didn't find vocals very prominent (I think their mids are too recessed for my tastes). Soundstage and bass are simply amazing in my opinion but bear in mind the only other headphone I've listened to extensively in the same league as the X1 is the HD 600 so my experience is limited.

Jan 31, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #5 of 27
ok awesome guys thank you for your opinions :D sounds like the X1 is better for my needs. i play electronic drums btw does it matter what headphone i use or never mind?  for songs from rise against three days grace breaking benjamin linkin park what is the superior headphone? hd 598 vs X1 
thanks! 

Feb 2, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #9 of 27
+1 for X1. I hope that you would like them

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #12 of 27
Yeah i will buy them soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Please share your impressions once you have them, I like the same bands as you :)

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #13 of 27
  ok awesome guys thank you for your opinions :D sounds like the X1 is better for my needs. i play electronic drums btw does it matter what headphone i use or never mind?  for songs from rise against three days grace breaking benjamin linkin park what is the superior headphone? hd 598 vs X1 
thanks! 

If you're mainly going to be listening to rock I don't recommend the X1. I like rock a lot but found the X1 pretty bad for rock. In fact with the X1 I pretty much avoided listening to rock and listened to and found myself enjoying genres I don't usually listen to much like Jazz, pop, RnB etc. 

I think most people recommend Grados for rock. I haven't heard any Grados but the Sennheiser HD 600 beats the X1 for rock (and not by a small amount IMO).

Feb 4, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #14 of 27
I am from Austria and the hd 598 and the X1 are both arround 150-200 euros. And damn you keep confusing me :p i think i will try both out and keep one. Unfortunatly i need to save some money so you will get my opinions soon

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #15 of 27
I respectfully disagree that the X1s are bad for rock. I've found them to be very versatile - an exciting headphone for pretty much everything, and I own both them and the HD598. I find the HD598 great for opera and jazz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back