PHILLY REGION MEET SUMMER 2003
Jul 24, 2003 at 10:39 PM Post #19 of 29
This meet is going to happen! I am postponing it a few weeks to late august but probably early september. I have some dealer support from "The Tuner Guy" to provide a Consonance tube system. So along with that, my stuff, and everyone else's, it should be a good time. The event will most likely be at the clubhouse of my apartment complex, which is full of big comfy chairs and electrical outlets, good for up to 20 people. I will finalize plans by mid-week so hang in there.

Jul 30, 2003 at 3:54 AM Post #22 of 29
anyone from the pittsburgh area planning to make it? Carpool?
wink.gif

Jul 30, 2003 at 5:50 PM Post #23 of 29
OK guys, here are the plans. The date is now Saturday, September 6. I'll set a tentative time of 2:00 PM. It will take place at my apartment complex meeting room and anyone is welcome to hang out at my place afterwards. The meeting room has plenty of sofa's, lounge chairs, electicral outlets and has a kitchen too. There is room for a lot of people. The location is in Voorhees, NJ and is only about 15 miles from Philadelphia. Send me a PM for address / directions and post here if you are coming and what equipment you are bringing.

Let me know if Saturday is a problem and maybe we can change it to Sunday but it is DEFINITELY happening that weekend.

I am bringing:

Headphones: Grado HP-2, RS-1, Sennheiser HD-600 w/Cardas
Sources: Rega Planet 2000 plus one other good source.
Interconnects: Cardas Neutral Reference, Kimber PBJ, Mogami
Amps: Gilmore V2, Melos SHA-Gold Ref, Headroom Total Airhead,
Power: PS audio Ultimate Outlet, Prelude PC
another Gilmore
Case of Brew
Plus lots of CD's

Aug 14, 2003 at 2:45 PM Post #25 of 29
I think I can make it, and I have a work-colleague who is interested also if that is OK.

My financial situation has left a lot to be desired of late, so I won't have the MAD Ear+/++ that I was hoping for. I can bring the following:

Grado SR60 with Senn/Comfy Pads
Sony MDR-7506 with Beyer Pads
Koss KSC30 with Koss KSC35 pads
wink.gif

Maybe we could PM some other locals to see what they are doing - Lou and JML spring to mind, and rycet too.

Aug 24, 2003 at 12:24 AM Post #27 of 29
Hey,Canman

Count me in, if you don't mind.

I am not sure if I can attend Hirsch's meet in DC area tomorrow (my wife is not loving the idea of a 6-hour driving in the same day).

But this Philly meet is great news for me (and for her). I wish the rendez-vous was at Soundex premisses as I live 10 minutes away from them!! But no problem; I will gladly go to NJ. I'll need directions to Voorhees, though.

So, if I don't attend DC meet, this Philly meet will be my very first one, where I will finally meet some of the guys I have been writing to and have only known from the computer screen. Moreover, it will be a great opportunity to get acquainted with some great audio stuff I could never listen to in any other way.

September 6th? So let it be...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back