RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Phillies in 5

YEAH
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 45
cliff lee has been ridiculous this game

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #9 of 45
Yankees in 5? Okay. Pedro makes me nervous, but he may pull another Dodger Stadium game. The Phillies just need to keep scoring runs, as they always seem to do in the post-season.

Either way, there was no way Yankee fans thought the Phillies would take game one from the mighty C.C. Sabathia. What were they saying? He's a different pitcher this year from last? He looked shaky, and got out of that first inning jam because Raul swung at ball four with the bases loaded.

Anyway, we don't need no stinkin' bullpen. At least not when Lee is pitching in the post season.

Oh, and A-Rod just had his membership renewed in the KKK Club.

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #10 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a die-hard Yankees fan but they don't deserve to win this year. Their performance in the post season has been utterly appalling (esp. Tex and Swisher).

They had the best record in baseball? But I agree, the Yankees never deserve to win, in fact.

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #11 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They had the best record in baseball? But I agree, the Yankees never deserve to win, in fact.

True, they performed well against Minnesota in the ALDS (Which gave them those bragging rights, best record in AL) but the ALCS was painful to watch.

Oct 29, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #13 of 45
I'm still slightly bitter that there are no World Series games in LA this season. I figured there was a 50:50 chance one of the teams would make it - I had money put aside for a ticket and a spare vacation day.

Maybe next year. I suppose I'll pull for the Phillies because they finished off my Dodgers.

Oct 29, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #15 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still slightly bitter that there are no World Series games in LA this season. I figured there was a 50:50 chance one of the teams would make it - I had money put aside for a ticket and a spare vacation day.

Maybe next year. I suppose I'll pull for the Phillies because they finished off my Dodgers.

I think it took the Yankees everything they had to take out the Angels. CC's near perfect performance against the Angels showed how tiring it is. The best team money can buy? Sorry you can't buy the World Series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back