Philips X2 Fidelio VS V-MODA Crossfade M-100
Jun 2, 2015 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

drugsbunny

New Head-Fier
Which one would be better for my needs? 

I want to use it for GAMING MUSIC and MOVIES in that order!
I currently own the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X the MDR-XB950AP and they are paired with an iBasso D-Zero Mk2 Headphone AMP and USB DAC
I also own a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO 250OHM that sound like complete and utter ****? i think they are defective which is why i will be sending them back 
i will also not be buying anymore beyerdynamic stuff as i had Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro before that and they were also defective they rattled more then a babys rattle! And to be honest they sounded like **** not the basshead cans i was looking for! the £60 sony ones sound million times better! 

I want something with a good soundstage for my games but also good bass for the explotions and dubstep/drum and bass/dance/uk garage/grime/hiphop ill be playing! Ive been thorugh like 6 pairs of headphones nothing gives me the thrill of listening to music like my powerful Logitech Z-680 5.1 500w! 

Aug 2, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #3 of 5
For fps gaming, the x2 smacks the v moda m100 in soundstage and clarity. You will definitely hear footsteps a lot better than with the m100. I also prefer it for music listening because it is a bit less intimate. It really does depend on what you are listening to, for edm, the presentation might not be that important, but I still find the bass on the x2 to be more impactful and controlled. The only issue I have is the treble, which definitely does not sound tonally correct for me. It is a bit too shrill and I feel like that could be improved with damping the metal housing. Idk, I was never too blown away by the m100, and neither was my x1 owning friend. If you can deal with the leakage, I think that the x2 is better suited for home use than the m100. That said, the m100 is pretty damn good for a portable, with the limited portable experience that I have. I prefer my sm3_v1, but it is an iem and a different type of sound, so I can't comment on how well the m100 does in daily portable use. gl with the decision.

Aug 2, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 5
If your intention is to just keep and use the headphones at home and not use them much portably, I'd DEFINITELY go with the Philips X2 Fidelio.  Better frequency-response than the M-100, and FAR better soundstage and imaging.  The only issue is that they are open-backed so they won't isolate at all and will leak tons of sound to the outside.  So if you live in some kind of noisy home environment, or with folks who would be extremely bothered by sound leaking from your headphones and you'd be using them in a shared area, that might be the one possible issue with the Fidelio as compared to the M-100.

Aug 3, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 5
I don't have the M-100 but I've had the X2.
I was really disappointed in the bass quantity.
After some time I got used to it though, and found I did indeed enjoy the headphones a lot overall. 

Were you able to at least determine if the bass quantity in the COP was sufficient? 
I would probably try and find out how much bass you need, listen to some different ones.
And go from there. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back