Philips X1, Amp Suggestions plus Suitability for UNI room and gaming (sound leakage)
Aug 18, 2013 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mrodav

New Head-Fier
I have been looking for a pair of all round headphones for a while now (70% music, 15% movies , 15% gaming), and these seem to fit the bill really well, and I love the design. I mostly listed to drum and bass, electronic and a bit of rock from time to time.

Now comes the potential problem, I spend quite a lot of time on skype (mic round my neck and headphones round my head), will the sound leakage from open cans go into the mic (Senn PC7) as I am likely to be listening to music at the same time as the call.

How much sound leakage is there, say I were to leave me Uni room door open, would the whole of the flat be able to hear my music at normal volume, or would it even be able to carry through the doors?

Sorry I'm a newbie to open back headphones, but I really like the idea of the open feel and wide soundstage.

Also:
What amp would be suitable for this, it will be powered out of an asus xonar dg sound card, maybe even a nad-80 amp if i take it with me, would that be suitable?

Thanks
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back