Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread
Apr 19, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #273 of 2,061
  Except for a little gaming with my HP 150s, I've used these almost exclusively this past week.  My X2s haven't had nearly as much head time.  They sound seriously good.  The $60 price point really makes them a steal.  I'm listening to a song right now that has some substantial bass (drum hits, etc.), and it does *not* sound lacking on these.  Very impressive.

Bass is good. Agree!

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #274 of 2,061
Just got the headphones and am comparing to 200$ sony ma900, so far they sound very good in certain songs, love not overpowering bass, well separated vocals, like in stoner/hard rock for example:

Hmm, talking about gaming i want to go back to ma900 (bigger soundstage) while using 9500 ; / maybe i need more time to burn these in. Very very comfortable while on head, worried about too much sound leak at higher volume levels, ma900 is open back, but doesn't leak that much. Need more tests, these just first impressions.

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #275 of 2,061
Just got mine.  First impressions, muddier than the HD600.  Lacking a bit of detail.  But once again, no burn in at all.  Just first listen.  

By all accounts, should open up when properly when burned in.  Soundstage is a bit narrow, but that's ok, didn't expect it to be like AKG K701 in that respect.  

For 50 dollars, I would buy these again no question

Apr 21, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #276 of 2,061
  Hey guys,

Just a heads up that you can easily remove the L & R white painted logos on each ear cup with a black sharpie marker. I did two coats over each grill and the white paint is no longer visible. It makes the headphones look much nicer, in my opinion!

I'm bumping this again so you are all aware that this is possible. Easiest mod so far!

Apr 21, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #278 of 2,061
  Looks really nice with that mod. But I really want it to tell me which is left or right? :)

Damn, after shooting with smartphone camera i can still see the L leter :/ gotta work more on this with a marker lol

Still using the 2nd day with various artists Zoe Keating, Watain, Wolfmother, Prodigy. That link higher with a woman singing and playing guitar was cool for listening, warm,
clear voice

The last minute gives chills, so good: P (this played on pc + asus d2 pci sound card)

I don't know about you, but with my smartphone shp9500 sounds non-tiring, enjoyable for the ear, no overpower of sound, and i like what i hear so far even on the 2nd day

(this below on my lg g2 mini without creative e1 usb amp, still good, shame can't use them in public playing loud in trains and queues of waiting in stores)

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #279 of 2,061
You should use solid black car paint with round or rigger brush, put scotch tapes around the ring then let it dry for a day or two. Marker ink is transparent and it easily wiped away with a slight thinner :)

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #282 of 2,061
  You should use solid black car paint with round or rigger brush, put scotch tapes around the ring then let it dry for a day or two. Marker ink is transparent and it easily wiped away with a slight thinner :)

Or a
Colorful Waterproof Permanent Paint Pen Car Bike Tyre Mental Stone Glass Markers 
biggrin.gif

(in black of course)

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #283 of 2,061
  Or a
Colorful Waterproof Permanent Paint Pen Car Bike Tyre Mental Stone Glass Markers 
biggrin.gif

(in black of course)

Yeap that will do also :D :D :D

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #284 of 2,061

Third day with 9500 + Asus D2 internal sound card. I'm getting excited a little bit more, was thinking to sell them, cause of enormous sound leak while using them outside.. still dunno, will get FiiO E12 amp next week, then will decide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back