Philips SHP1900
Jul 18, 2007 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Claus-DK

1000+ Head-Fier
Well I bougth theese very cheap phones (before head-fi) they were 10 € if I remeber corecktly..

And today I found them laying in a draver covered with dust because I have not used them in ½ a year and I thougth what the heck, lets try to have some fun..

I hooked them up with my Ipod and Ibasso T2 and started to listen, holy moley do theese cheap phones play well with a proper amplification, straigth from my Ipod they do not sound like much, but with the amp. ! I was stunned...

They were detailed, smoth mids, and not the deepest bass but quite good, the highs was also quite good...

Does anybody here at head-fi have theese phones ??
because I would really like to get confirmed that I am not going insane or something worse...
confused.gif
confused.gif

If nobody has got them, then some nice head-fier could maybe try buying them just to make a test ?? They are so cheap that it really can not destroy anyones ekonomi..
cool.gif

Please try them and let me know, I am going crazy here...
blink.gif

I'll bet that they could beat the crap out of ksc-75..
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 21, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bump

yeah iHad Philips SHP1900, i buyd them year ago for 10$ xD... must say, best 10 bucks i spent in my life yet! [x ... headphones sound just awsome 4 their price!!!

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #5 of 14
philips shl 8800...very good headphones ...very comfortable , adjustable and a non tiring sound ..= awesome..

Nov 7, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #6 of 14
hi
want to ask is you still think the shp1900 is that awesome (cause the post is quite old)

yesterday I compared it to dt880 and... well the beyer sounds better but not $300 better

asking because in your profile i saw you have the dt880

Nov 7, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #7 of 14
Both the SHP1900 and SHP2000 aren't as bad as the price point might indicate. However, they should only be considered if budget is extremely limited. Some people here have used the SHP2500, but they have resoldered the cable in order to remove the volume control, since it lowered overall SQ.

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #8 of 14
This is my first fullsize headphone. I use it with my HP mini and my samsung corb txt. mostly play rock and pop music. It is very light, has a very good sound and loud enough and deliver more details than my earphones. My ears(upper part) gets sore sometime after a quarter of hour maybe  because its inner pads a little bit hinge to my ear and my ears have a contact with the pads. maybe due to the pads that too small for me so that it feels like it hinge to my ears or maybe my ears need to adaptation with it.

Nov 2, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #9 of 14
  Both the SHP1900 and SHP2000 aren't as bad as the price point might indicate. However, they should only be considered if budget is extremely limited. Some people here have used the SHP2500, but they have resoldered the cable in order to remove the volume control, since it lowered overall SQ.

Volume controls lower sound quality?

I'm thinking of buying SHP1900. Do they fit all the way around the ear or on the ear?

Jul 9, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #12 of 14
how about the noises? i mean, i am looking for some cheap headphones that i can use while travelling by train or plane. they are usually long trips, so i'd like to have circumaural headphones that allow me to listen to the music without putting the volume to the maximum. i want a reasonable level of isolation, for the price. i want them cheap because during travels, it's easier to ruin them. what can you tell me about them?thank you in advance!

Dec 25, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #13 of 14
Tested it earlier. Sound quality same as @Clause-DK had described. Noise isolation is not good, earpads is not that thick to isolate the audio and noise. My in-ear KZ-ED9 does a better job isolating the noise but not that comfy for longer (travel) use.

Mar 23, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #14 of 14
My first over-ear headphones. Ugly in every aspect (sound especially). Sennheiser HD 518 reminded me of them so that's why I'm so bitchy about HD 518.
There is however a way to mod them. Simply cut out the dampening grills and leave radiators exposed. You may also put some wool in the cups just in case. After that they become decently resolving but their frequency balance goes down the drain. Use EQ and they will sound like $50-80 headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back