Philips SHE9800 vs SHE9620
Dec 7, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #16 of 17
Ok I bought a pair of SHE9800 :)
As expected out of the box the bass and treble are both heavy, I was forced to reduce them with the equaliser,soundstage is wide and some new instruments/sounds appeared that I didn't hear with my Re2 :)
I am beginning to burn them with pink,white and sweep sounds in playlist loops, does it need 100 hours like other earphones?

Dec 7, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #17 of 17
Well, I would add heavy drum and brown noise to the playlist to work on the bass some more - and don't forget silence, so the drivers can have some time to rest. Actually, I used a burn-in file with lots of brown noise which was suggested here on the forum for burning monster iems. And I think because of the 13.5mm drivers these can really take a lot of burn in to sound at their best as my still imrove a little bit, though there was a major change after around 50 hours but at this point I was burning them only to improve their bass with the brown-centric file I mentioned and lots of bass heavy music and of course I was using around 10 minutes of silence after every 50 minutes of sound for resting periods. After that I made a more pink-centric playlist with 5 min pink, 1 min white noise followed by heavy drum for 1 min and repeating the same but putting frequency sweep instead of drum. And in the end I burnt them exclusively with high freqency sweeps.
So, I would say 50 hours was enough for the bass but after that at least 30 for the treble. Some people say that a day is enough if you burnin your iem at high level sound but I don't suggest it ad I messed up one of my headphones like that - now I use volume which is a little bit higher than my listening level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back