Philips IC chips source
Sep 24, 2004 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Stephonovich

Headphoneus Supremus
Sorry to cross-post, but I realized it'd do better here than in the Discman Repair thead. In my defense, I did delete that post, or rather, replace it with a notice pointing here. Anyway...

I need to get a hold of a few IC's for my AZ6832/17. It died a few months ago for no apparent reason, and I haven't been able to find anything wrong with it. No loose solder joints, no burst caps, nothing. Unfortuately, there's no pots like with the Sony's, so I can't adjust tracking or anything of the sort.

I Googled all the chips on it, and found a couple that may prove to be helpful. One, TDA1301T, is a servo processor. People on a DIY audio forum said it's been known to die in other products, so I figured I might as well replace it. The other, SAA7345GP appears to be servo control, from a post on a Philips developers forum.

Anyway, problem is, no one wants to sell just one chip. Digi-Key, Mouser, and all the others don't carry these (actually, the SAA7345GP has been discontinued by Philips. They offer a replacement product, the SAA737X, but that's 64 pins, whereas the 7345GP is 44), and the big distributors have minimum orders of $500 or so. I found one with a minimum order of $50, but even that's a whole lotta chips...

Does anyone know where I could pick up just one of these? I tried eBay out of desperation, but no go.

Sep 24, 2004 at 8:16 AM Post #3 of 5
Excellent site, I must say. Only replacement parts they had was 'CD Mechanism', which I assume means the laser, tracking assembly, servos, and the like.

However, they do have a service manual. Methinks I'll see how much that is. Could prove helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back