Philips headphone lineup, total revamp?!
May 24, 2006 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

sgrossklass

Headphoneus Supremus
What's up with that? They've got a bunch of different wireless models now, and the cheapo HP200 and 250 have remained as SHP2000 and SHP2500, but SHP8xx, SBC-HP1000, SBC-HP830 and all SBC-HP4xx are entirely gone from their product lineup! The previously good prices on SHP805 and HP460 from Amazon have been increased already, though you can still order them. Looks like a major shift of focus to me.

Hmm, I was intending to sell my HP460s, but now I'm not so sure about that... If I'm not mistaken we only ordered these last Wednesday, most certainly at the old price.

May 24, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
What's up with that? They've got a bunch of different wireless models now, and the cheapo HP200 and 250 have remained as SHP2000 and SHP2500, but SHP8xx, SBC-HP1000, SBC-HP830 and all SBC-HP4xx are entirely gone from their product lineup! The previously good prices on SHP805 and HP460 from Amazon have been increased already, though you can still order them. Looks like a major shift of focus to me.

Hmm, I was intending to sell my HP460s, but now I'm not so sure about that... If I'm not mistaken we only ordered these last Wednesday, most certainly at the old price.

Why were u gonna sell ur Hp460s? Not as good as expected?

May 25, 2006 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by trum01
Why were u gonna sell ur Hp460s? Not as good as expected?

They aren't on upgrade over my K26Ps where I most needed it: isolation. In fact, on my ears they isolate less than these, while being less comfortable. (Apparently they'd do a much better job if you have small ears.) And I wouldn't want to return them with the packaging ripped up.

Oh great, now this thread did appear twice after all. Could a mod please merge the two, if at all possible?

May 27, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #5 of 19
I just got my HP460s today, and after a few hours of burn in, I must say I am impressed. True, not as much isolation as the K26P, but they really have a nice open sound with lots of soundstage. I think the best analogy would be if my K26Ps and PX100s had a baby, the best of both worlds!

May 27, 2006 at 12:44 PM Post #6 of 19
I'd actually say they're not too far from the tonal balance of rather neutral cans like, say, HD580s. Only the mids are somewhat honky, and they can't quite get rid of the sonewhat dead "closed phone sound". For fairly inexpensive closed cans, they are definitely far from bad sounding.

May 27, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #7 of 19
The HP460 was going to be the next can I bought. But I'm so impressed with my new K81s, I can't imagine the 460s would be better, or even 90 percent as nice.

May 28, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #8 of 19
I really don't get that "closed phone sound". In comparison to the K26P, and especially the HD201, they greatly suffer from a claustrophobic, cluttered sound. For its price, I don't think you can find such a nice, open, balanced sound in a closed can.

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #9 of 19
I think another noticeable change to the line up specifically to the SHP2500 well...It now has a 20ft chore no joke but It still sounded the same. It is a real bummer that they don't offer the HP1000 anymore but this could mean that they are in the works of a replacement...only time will tell.

And i don't get the fad of wireless headphones either its like over night every headphone manufacturer is making them.

I haven't much experience other than the 2500 in the line up but i would like to know what is the best can offered by them currently

Jul 21, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul_in_Maryland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HP460 was going to be the next can I bought. But I'm so impressed with my new K81s, I can't imagine the 460s would be better, or even 90 percent as nice.

It's because you're basing much of your expectations on the HP430's.
430's are in a completely different class compared to the 460's and the K81's.

Jul 21, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They aren't on upgrade over my K26Ps where I most needed it: isolation. In fact, on my ears they isolate less than these, while being less comfortable. (Apparently they'd do a much better job if you have small ears.) And I wouldn't want to return them with the packaging ripped up.

Oh great, now this thread did appear twice after all. Could a mod please merge the two, if at all possible?

wow, another K26p user...just wanna say hi, newbie here...
biggrin.gif
sorry to interupt the topic but have you ever test on K26p vs other portable headphone like Portapro, px100, px200, iGrado ? just wanna know, that's all...
tongue.gif
i know, different person different opinion...thx before...
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #12 of 19
^^ Don't be so sure that average person judge Portapro, px100, px200, iGrado better than k26p. A huge amount of people think that k26p are great phones. Bass...

As for Philips headphones and anything under Philips logo nowadays...it's crap, scary crap, runaway from it.

Jul 21, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherepashka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As for Philips headphones and anything under Philips logo nowadays...it's crap, scary crap, runaway from it.

nobody said everything philips made gotta be good, like every brand there are good products as well as bad, but i bet you didnt listen to the flagship model sbc-hp1000 before you make your comment

Jul 23, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #15 of 19
shp895's were the bargain buy of the century as far as I'm concerned... they're just as good as senny 555's most of the time and cost much less than half the price!

They were superceded by another model, can't remember what the number is but it looks near-identical.. They have more headphones than just the 2000's and 2500s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back