Philips Golden Ears challenge
Mar 12, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #166 of 331
Guys, in the spaciousness test on bronze ears(left/right balance test), did you notice any difference between right 2 and left 2 in terms of volume and tonal balance?

I'm afraid I'm experiencing channel imbalance with my HE-500.

Mar 12, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #167 of 331
Guys, in the spaciousness test on bronze ears(left/right balance test), did you notice any difference between right 2 and left 2 in terms of volume and tonal balance?

It could be your ears! I know I have a slight 'channel imbalance' in my ears both volume and timbre/tone. Depending on the recording I sometimes use channel balance in software to even it out (it's slight, but there)

Mar 12, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #168 of 331
It could be your ears! I know I have a slight 'channel imbalance' in my ears both volume and timbre/tone. Depending on the recording I sometimes use channel balance in software to even it out (it's slight, but there)

I tried switching the sides and it followed the driver. However, I tried with my other headphones and it seems the issue persists. Maybe it's my amp and/or DAC?

Mar 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #170 of 331
Seems it's not the amp either. Switched to Mjolnir and the "issue" persists. Since it happens with my other phones too, could it be it's just the recording? Can anyone confirm this to me?

Right side just sounds lower quality to me, besides being quieter.

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #171 of 331

I do suffer from this myself, so if you could tell me more specifically about what software you use I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #173 of 331
  Seems it's not the amp either. Switched to Mjolnir and the "issue" persists. Since it happens with my other phones too, could it be it's just the recording? Can anyone confirm this to me?

Right side just sounds lower quality to me, besides being quieter.

I think I can hear it too, but I suspect my own hearing (FitEar ToGo 334 + CEntrance DACport)... despite passing "Golden Ears". Why not drop an e-mail to them (there's an e-mail address on the "Golden Ears" site) and ask them about it?

Mar 15, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #174 of 331
I got through the basic section on my sh!tty work PC running audio through a set of $18 logitech PC speakers with only 2 incorrect answers :p

Will try again when i get time at home running it through my STX/Intruder/HE-400.

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #177 of 331
It only worked for me after installing the latest version of Firefox

Mar 15, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #179 of 331

It only worked for me after installing the latest version of Firefox

I did that and still get the perpetual "Loading" message.

Guess you've already tried it, but did you empty all history, cache, etc? Usually works for me for all sorts of strange broweser problems. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back