Philips Fidelio X3
Dec 10, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #1,398 of 1,964
Use prisjakt. Look at the price history.
They raised it. Its a scam, quite literally.

The actual price was 2290 kr since 2017. 20 days after the release of the original X2s. For the remainder of its life.
1500 is not 50%, its the retailers fooling its customers into thinking they're getting a WOW deal.
6 months in advance, you might want to read up on why electronics might shift in price over a year.. :)

Dec 10, 2020 at 2:26 AM Post #1,399 of 1,964
Seriously, I'm Swedish myself but this discussion is pretty irrelevant for 99,9% of the user's in here. Maybe better to take it in a PM, just my 2c.....
You do realize if you do not want to read it, you do not have to.... The discussion is about price and the sale of the X3 and X2 which of course is not isolated to Sweden

Regardless, complaining about posts that YOU do not find relevant is a paradox in itself.

Dec 10, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #1,400 of 1,964
You do realize if you do not want to read it, you do not have to.... The discussion is about price and the sale of the X3 and X2 which of course is not isolated to Sweden

Regardless, complaining about posts that YOU do not find relevant is a paradox in itself.

Yeah, whatever......

Dec 10, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #1,401 of 1,964
In terms of causing damage to the cable or the connection ports its non existent as the only thing that can happen is that the cord is janked out, on a locked cable you can potentially damage the mini xlr port or the cable if enough force is applied.

The length is no issue for me, but I might get a custom cable from OIDIO
PXL_20201120_104122685b-900x600.jpg
Interested in these... let me know how this goes if you order

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #1,403 of 1,964
I just measured the unbalanced cable with a multimeter to confirm the wiring, I emailed OIDIO my findings and asked if they could put up an X3 cable in the shop.

Ill keep you posted!
Good news, they asked me if i could measure too and i gave up, maybe now I'll order too🍻👍

Dec 12, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #1,404 of 1,964
Of all my headphones I get the most enjoyment out of the X3s for the last 2 months or so. It has the best, most natural bass I heard, with a nice punch but never obtrusive or hard sounding. A punch with a little fat belly. I think these headphones are severely underrated.

Dec 12, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #1,406 of 1,964
https://www.stereonet.co.uk/reviews/philips-fidelio-x3-headphones-review
The X3 shows real strength in depth. Like every good medic and physician, it's a proponent of the primum non nocere, or 'first, do no harm', approach. Just as the Philips is easy to wear for long periods, so it is to listen to. That doesn't mean it's boring and bland though, rather that it's a very low distortion design that lacks an uncouth edge. Too many expensive headphones can sound pretty forward, but the Philips is balanced and even in a way that a great hi-fi design needs to be. Not only are its drive units smooth and nimble, but there's little sense of the headphone's earcups or frame joining in the party to sully the sound.

Dec 12, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #1,407 of 1,964
Of all my headphones I get the most enjoyment out of the X3s for the last 2 months or so. It has the best, most natural bass I heard, with a nice punch but never obtrusive or hard sounding. A punch with a little fat belly. I think these headphones are severely underrated.

After all my EQing I thought I got it right. Decided to turn EQ off and the music popped. Ha, go figure. Trying to reduce that slight high treble pulled the mids back and reduced the airiness, so bye bye APO. X3 bass is good, it really is. Like you said, not obtrusive but it has detail and its there when its in the recording - these things just seem to get better and better each day.

Dec 12, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #1,408 of 1,964
How long did it take you guys for the headband/earpads to loosen up? Mine are still hard clamping my skull so I get a headache/pressure around cheek/above ear.

Also is there a dac/amp that can be used in combination of a soundcard, like my STX II?
I just want external volume control. Having a -10 db preamp and winvol at 50% means if I stream or record something I have to boost the volume alot for users.
Would be nice to be able to control the ovlume externally and have 100% win vol aswell as a lower preamp.

Dec 13, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #1,409 of 1,964
How long did it take you guys for the headband/earpads to loosen up? Mine are still hard clamping my skull so I get a headache/pressure around cheek/above ear.

Also is there a dac/amp that can be used in combination of a soundcard, like my STX II?
I just want external volume control. Having a -10 db preamp and winvol at 50% means if I stream or record something I have to boost the volume alot for users.
Would be nice to be able to control the ovlume externally and have 100% win vol aswell as a lower preamp.

I'm not sure I understand the problem you're having. Isn't it easier to just boost the volume through your streaming software than buying an external piece of hardware?

That said, a DAC wouldn't do anything, but literally any amp with volume controls would work. A little Fiio or something would do what you need it to.

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #1,410 of 1,964

An external DAC will bypass your soundcard's audio processing. An external headphone amp alone could be used "in combination" with your sound card. But why the need to stick with the soundcard? Why not just replace it all together with an external DAC/amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back