Philips Fidelio X3
Sep 4, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #571 of 1,964
So here i was hoping to give all of you an amazing update on how the X3's sound. However they died. And are not producing any sound what so ever anymore. Im going to contact the seller and see if i can get a replacement or money back. :frowning2:

Suddenly in the middle of listening they just went completely silent. And ive tried several different sources like another computer, my m11 with the included 2.5mm balanced cable, my phone and its the same. No sound what so ever.

My X2 works as it should so its a pure headphone being dead issue.
Update!

I got them working again after some extensive troubleshooting. It seems there are some intermittent connection problems in the right shell of the headphones for me. Will still try to get them switched with warranty however.

Sep 4, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #573 of 1,964
Sep 4, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #574 of 1,964
Glad to see the reviews are positive so far. I went ahead and ordered a pair. I was torn between these and a couple other sets (Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Focal Elegia), but the Fidelio are a safer bet for me.

Sep 4, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #575 of 1,964
Very interested in these. Are they comfortable? I remember trying the X2 years ago and finding them to be a pretty tight clamp.

Also, anyone listen to them with classical music? I remember a lot of people recommending the X2 for classical.

Sep 5, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #579 of 1,964
Still not available in any of the EU Amazon sites.

Sep 5, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #580 of 1,964
Still not available in any of the EU Amazon sites.
As usual... I want to get my dirty paws on this thing but yeah.

Sep 5, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #581 of 1,964
Yes, it can get lower than 250! It's now 242.
235 now. Should I go for it or wait a day longer with the risk the price goes up to 309 euro again? LOL

Sep 5, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #582 of 1,964
235 now. Should I go for it or wait a day longer with the risk the price goes up to 309 euro again? LOL

I think if we knew the magic of predicting future prices, we would all be buying stocks and not headphones :)

Just order it. In the grand scheme of things, is a few euros difference on a $350 headphone really going to make a difference? What’s your happiness and stress of not worrying about it worth? YOLO!

Sep 5, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #583 of 1,964
I think if we knew the magic of predicting future prices, we would all be buying stocks and not headphones :)

Just order it. In the grand scheme of things, is a few euros difference on a $350 headphone really going to make a difference? What’s your happiness and stress of not worrying about it worth? YOLO!
You're absolutely right, but the thing is, I just don't need this pair of headphones, so waiting for an even lower price is kind of a natural thing for me right now. Just as 'natural' as feeling disappointed when it turns out the price is back to the MSRP and I have missed out :)

I'll wait one more day...

I realize btw that these posts of mine are kinda childish and annoying for those who expect a review or a more serious contribution, so sorry for that :thinking:

Sep 5, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #584 of 1,964
Get it, if it's EU you always have the 14 days to cancel the contract if you don't like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back