Philips Fidelio X3
Sep 4, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #556 of 1,965
The reviewer gotta be kidding... Really, if some idiot really thinks ANC and bluetooth must be for open-back headphones, I'd search for other much better and serious reviews.
grado gw100
hifiman ananda bt
hifi man deva
you just called the authors of these headphones idiots
... well, and me for one thing :)
... I would be happy to expand the number of open backs with the bt interface

Sep 4, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #557 of 1,965
grado gw100
hifiman ananda bt
hifi man deva
you just called the authors of these headphones idiots
... well, and me for one thing :)
... I would be happy to expand the number of open backs with the bt interface

You really missed the point, they weren't criticizing open-back bluetooth headphones, they were criticizing the notion that open-back wired headphones are missing features because they don't have ANC and bluetooth, which is what the reviewer suggested.

Sep 4, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #558 of 1,965
You really missed the point, they weren't criticizing open-back bluetooth headphones, they were criticizing the notion that open-back wired headphones are missing features because they don't have ANC and bluetooth, which is what the reviewer suggested.
Perhaps, but it sounded like a denial of the idea bt interface in any open backs
... without separating parts )

Sep 4, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #559 of 1,965
Perhaps, but it sounded like a denial of the idea bt interface in any open backs
... without separating parts )
Nope, you really missed the point: ANC for open-back headphones.

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #560 of 1,965
Well, that's great!
...since everyone has come to understand, I suggest sending to philips a complaint about the inadmissibility of the absence of the tb protocol in x3!
)

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #561 of 1,965
Well, that's great!
...since everyone has come to understand, I suggest sending to philips a complaint about the inadmissibility of the absence of the tb protocol in x3
What's your problem exactly?

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #563 of 1,965
...what made you think there was a problem? )
Not sure, it's just the impression you missed the whole point. No one here were complaining about lack of ANC for open-backed headphones.
And open-backed headphones can simply be with BT or a BT adapter like Fiio BTR series, Shanling and EarStudio ES100.

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #564 of 1,965
Not sure, it's just the impression you missed the whole point. No one here were complaining about lack of ANC for open-backed headphones.
And open-backed headphones can simply be with BT or a BT adapter like Fiio BTR series, Shanling and EarStudio ES100.
never mind
... as I wrote above - maybe I misjudged your statement as a denial of the idea

ps there is no need to talk about receivers, I know about their strengths and weaknesses from my own experience.
In short, these are crutches, even the best of them. But this is already a harsh offtopic )
ba2c93a341.jpg

Sep 4, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #565 of 1,965
Sep 4, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #566 of 1,965
A little offtopic ... but ... anyone smart here?

- HTPC - Dragonfly Cobalt - RCA / Minijack cable - Yamaha RX-V781: Noise! (a steady and fairly high frequency noise)
- HTPC - Dragonfly Cobalt - Philips Fidelio X3: No noise!
- Macbook Pro 2013 Big Sur beta - Dragonfly Cobalt - RCA / Minijack cable - Yamaha RX-V781: No noise!
- Macbook Pro 2013 Win10 (Bootcamp) - Dragonfly Cobalt - RCA / Minijack cable - Yamaha RX-V781: No noise!
- iPhone X with iOS14 beta - usb / lightning adapter - Dragonfly Cobalt - RCA / Minijack cable - Yamaha RX-V781: No noise!

Why is it noisy in alternative 1? And if (in all probability) there is something in HTPC that is noisy, why is there no noise when I connect the headphones?

Any tips on how to find out?

(Have tried to connect HTPC - headphone output on the motherboard (Realtek) - RCA / Minijack cable - Yamaha receiver. There is some noise if I turn it up, but not the same as with Cobalt. No other inputs have noise. (4x HDMI devices connected))

Sep 4, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #568 of 1,965
So here i was hoping to give all of you an amazing update on how the X3's sound. However they died. And are not producing any sound what so ever anymore. Im going to contact the seller and see if i can get a replacement or money back. :frowning2:

Suddenly in the middle of listening they just went completely silent. And ive tried several different sources like another computer, my m11 with the included 2.5mm balanced cable, my phone and its the same. No sound what so ever.

My X2 works as it should so its a pure headphone being dead issue.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #569 of 1,965
...what made you think there was a problem? )

I think the only problem is that you don't fully understand what was said because it's in English and because if this trying to get an argument going. Pretty lame actually.

Sep 4, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #570 of 1,965
I need a dual 3,5mm to single 3,5mm, all male. I've googled the s... out of it, but really don't find many candidates.
Cannot be too expensive either, to fit the budget and the gear. (€250 X3 and €250 Dragonfly Cobalt)
Anyone with other suggestions than the nice find from HipHopScribe?
Guess other future X3 owners will be interested in this as well?

Peter; Do you know of any in Norway/Oslo that sells headphone cables that suits my needs? :)

I'm sorry, I've bought all my cables from Aliexpress, Ebay or Amazon so I can't help you. I'd imagine the offers in Norway would be quite limited and expensive but that's just a guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back