Philips Fidelio X3
Aug 31, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #452 of 1,964
Aug 31, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #453 of 1,964
Is anyone expecting a sound much different from the X2? My assumption is that they will be more alike than not. If anything, perhaps a little more neutral. Guess we'll find out in due time.

Aug 31, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #454 of 1,964
Is anyone expecting a sound much different from the X2? My assumption is that they will be more alike than not. If anything, perhaps a little more neutral. Guess we'll find out in due time.

I wouldn't be surprised if it sounds very similar. There were really only minor sonic changes from the X1 to X2 (and most of that was the bad cable that came with the X1, not the driver tuning) and I kinda doubt they've developed a new driver. With that said even if it's the same driver there could certainly be tuning changes.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #455 of 1,964
From how they describe the sound itself on the X3 page on Philips website. It wouldn't seem to be much different. Or at least, that is what we all hope for. ^^

Aug 31, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #457 of 1,964
But it still makes you wonder what exactly is going to show up on your doorstep..

Nnnno, it really doesn't. Just because the item page title doesn't update doesn't change that literally everything (picture, price, specs, description, stock status) are all exactly what you're ordering.

Do people here just never use Amazon?

Aug 31, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #458 of 1,964
Well I hope it's an improvement in that it's a touch more neutral. I like the X2 but I don't want to pay $350 for another one.

Aug 31, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #461 of 1,964

I'm definitely not expecting a drastic change, but hopefully a little bit more clarity and refinement throughout the range, with a little more speed and less boom.

Aug 31, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #463 of 1,964
I'm definitely not expecting a drastic change, but hopefully a little bit more clarity and refinement throughout the range, with a little more speed and less boom.

Yep. Me, too. I am hoping they improve the resolution, but generally keep the overall frequency response tuning and sound stage the same.

Aug 31, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #464 of 1,964

Users who are viewing this thread

Back