Philips Fidelio X3
Aug 14, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #346 of 1,964
This item will be released on August 31, 2020. X3 & SHP9600

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500S-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B08B477BHS/

Change the settings to view.

I found this little gem in the X3 Amazon product details:

• Balanced and unbalanced inputs means it is ready for your favorite headphone amp or your everyday phone and mobile devices.
  • Detachable Balanced and Unbalanced 3 m oxygen-free cables included
  • 3.5 – 6.3 mm adapter + cable clip are also included

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #347 of 1,964
I found this little gem in the X3 Amazon product details:

• Balanced and unbalanced inputs means it is ready for your favorite headphone amp or your everyday phone and mobile devices.
  • Detachable Balanced and Unbalanced 3 m oxygen-free cables included
  • 3.5 – 6.3 mm adapter + cable clip are also included
"Balanced and unbalanced inputs " I guess they are not wrong though lol, if you reverse the cable (e.t.c.). Anyway heres what's inside the box: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av498011228/

*forget that prior comment I had here, read/translated it wrong, it was about design of headphone not sound of headphone.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #348 of 1,964
I am also interested in learning more about this headphone. I think Philips connection with the manufacturer TP Vision is an interesting and unusual model. Philips sold their TV and audio division to the China company TP Vision in 2012 but Philips maintains an active role in marketing those product world wide. At one time Philips retained 30% ownership which would have explained their compensation but it seem they finally sold even that 30% around 2014 to TP Vision so their compensation remains unclear. What is clear is that the TV and audio products are designed by TP Vision of China (and Taiwain). Yet Philips people are still involved in these product lines at some level, mostly marketing. Interesting business model.

https://personal-financial.com/2020...audio-tp-vision-marketing-is-all-about-trust/

Aug 15, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #349 of 1,964

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #350 of 1,964
I got the SHP9600 to try. It sound pretty good! I actually enjoy it much better than the SHP9500 due to its less treble energy and smoother sound. The details are all still there but unlike the SHP9500, it is less fatiguing to me.
Hey man! Did Philips send you a demo model? Would love to compare it to the 9500 and do a video. Do you have a contact email I that I could use to get in touch with them?

Aug 15, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #351 of 1,964
Seriously? That's insane.. Why even mention it to begin with then? #fail

Because it comes with 2.5mm balance cable for the first time for Philips. And for some reason they think it is needed to confirm 4.4mm connectors would work for this specific head phone. I mean, they were out of the game for quite a while.

Aug 15, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #353 of 1,964
When EU? (Or Netherlands)

Aug 15, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #354 of 1,964
Hey man! Did Philips send you a demo model? Would love to compare it to the 9500 and do a video. Do you have a contact email I that I could use to get in touch with them?
You can order the SHP9600 & X3 from china right now, Aliexpress just search you will see some have already arrived internationall.
If you want one before they release officially outside of China for a video, that's the way.
I know over here Covid has stopped PR contact & review samples & that was before the second wave.

Aug 15, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #355 of 1,964
You can order the SHP9600 & X3 from china right now, Aliexpress just search you will see some have already arrived internationall.
If you want one before they release officially outside of China for a video, that's the way.
I know over here Covid has stopped PR contact & review samples & that was before the second wave.

Yeah man I'm really close to pressing purchase lol. I found it on Ali earlier. :D Side note: It's really hard to reach Philips' marketing dept. I've tried in the past (way before COVID) & no luck. Just tried again today and the only email they have is for warranty and support. They replied back with a general inquiry #, and I suppose I could call, but who talks on the phone nowadays? XD

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #356 of 1,964
Yeah man I'm really close to pressing purchase lol. I found it on Ali earlier. :D Side note: It's really hard to reach Philips' marketing dept. I've tried in the past (way before COVID) & no luck. Just tried again today and the only email they have is for warranty and support. They replied back with a general inquiry #, and I suppose I could call, but who talks on the phone nowadays? XD
Philips audio - Subdivision is https://www.tpvision.com/ so you probably want to contact them instead, only time you see Reps are at certain demos...

Aug 15, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #357 of 1,964
Everytime when I see this thread has a new unread post I think someone finally has posted a review or an impression of the X3s.
But no, it's about the SPH-9600s and friggin' cables for the 9600s.... :unamused:

Aug 15, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #358 of 1,964
Aug 16, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #360 of 1,964
Hahahah, I hope they do but no. I bought it from this store called "PhilipsEarphone Authorization Store" on Aliexpress.
Hah yeah man I'm about to purchase from the same site. I found them yesterday :) How are you liking them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back