Philips Fidelio X3
Oct 6, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #1,006 of 1,964
Can generic pads not fit over the plastic X2 pad chassis?
I've seen them stretched over. Will probably stretch them out and make them incompatible with other headphones (if that's important), but worse it covers the 3.5mm jack on the headphone so people commonly cut through it.

Oct 7, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #1,008 of 1,964
I'll leave the X3s for a while, I am going to give the X2s some much needed attention. They are no slouch when it comes to classical music as well, I am enjoying them quite a lot.

Oct 7, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #1,009 of 1,964
Oct 7, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #1,010 of 1,964
I expect patience will pay off in waiting for price drops on these. I've owned different Philips headphones over the years (L1, L2, X1, X2, SHP9500) and they've all been great value buys mostly after the price drops in my opinion, and I expect the X3 might fall pretty quickly since the reception has been a bit iffy in terms of reviews so there shouldn't be a big hype train keeping prices high.

Oct 9, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #1,012 of 1,964
That review is a bit useless, isn't it? No comparisons with similar priced headphones, not even a reference pair is mentioned.
But it is nice to read something positive for a change. :)

Oct 10, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #1,013 of 1,964
That review is a bit useless, isn't it? No comparisons with similar priced headphones, not even a reference pair is mentioned.
But it is nice to read something positive for a change. :)
Maybe he is comparing the sound of the X3 to the sound of actual live music....the sounds, dynamics and impact of real instruments in real space. Why do headphones always have to be compared with other headphones, like there's an actual standard?

Oct 10, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #1,015 of 1,964
Maybe he is comparing the sound of the X3 to the sound of actual live music....the sounds, dynamics and impact of real instruments in real space. Why do headphones always have to be compared with other headphones, like there's an actual standard?
Fair enough. You can certainly appreciate a pair on their own merits. But for the majority of potential buyers it isn't that helpful. At least he could have given a reference.

Oct 10, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #1,016 of 1,964
I have 5 most used and favorite headphones and I'll simply pick depending on my mood and content I'll be using.
I get that comparing the X3 to other headphones but I don't see any reason like going like "oh no, bass is strong on this while bass is nice on other one". That's a bit silly :p But that's just my opinion. When I buy a new headphone, my intention is to enjoy it ^^

I guess that's the curse of this hobby. This hobby is a curse and a gift. Owning many will give you choices and owning many will torture your wallet lol

Oct 10, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #1,017 of 1,964
Oct 10, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #1,018 of 1,964
Another review:
https://www.stuff.tv/philips/fidelio-x3/review

1602356430039.png

Oct 10, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #1,020 of 1,964
I have 5 most used and favorite headphones and I'll simply pick depending on my mood and content I'll be using.
I get that comparing the X3 to other headphones but I don't see any reason like going like "oh no, bass is strong on this while bass is nice on other one". That's a bit silly :p But that's just my opinion. When I buy a new headphone, my intention is to enjoy it ^^

I guess that's the curse of this hobby. This hobby is a curse and a gift. Owning many will give you choices and owning many will torture your wallet lol

That's fine, because you know what your 5 headphones sound like. What if a new headphone pops up and you're curious of how it sounds. If someone compares the new headphone to 3 of yours, you will have a much better idea of it's character than someone just saying "good bass".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back