Philips Fidelio X2 with AV Receiver, Sound Card, Mixamp, or DAC?
Jan 12, 2016 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Busterofwar

New Head-Fier
I have Philips Fidelio X2 headphones and want to use them for 50% gaming and 50% movies.

What will get me the best experience on both PC and Xbox One?

Option 1
ONKYO TXNR646 AV Receiver with DTS:X (will this give me DTS Headphone:X?)

Option 2:
Xonar DX + Fiio E11K with Dolby Headphone for PC
Astro Mixamp Pro (2011) + Fiio E11K with Dolby Headphone for Xbox One

Option 3:
Denon DA-300USB (stereo audio only)

Option 4:
Creative Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition

Alternatives are welcome.

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 8
I will definitely follow this thread too, I have PS4 and Xbox One and just got the X2 as well. I have it hooked up to PC but I'm trying to find a way to use it conveniently for all 3.

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm guessing most people will want to know your budget too.

Personally I have the X1's and run two different setups.  For my XB1, I use a MixAmp Pro for both watching movies and gaming (Primary use).  I have a VModa BoomMic Pro always attached to the head phones.  When I'm on my PC, where I typically stream my XB1 to at night when the wife is upstairs watching TV, I run a splitter into my Soundblaster Z sound card which has a built in headphone amp. 

I haven't seen the need to amp the MixAmp Pro again like you would with the Fiio. 

Surround sound on both.

Jul 3, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #6 of 8
Are you trying to get a surround sound experience?

I would be interested to see what you guys are using as well. I have been digging around everywhere trying to decide what to get for my PS4.. Really comes down to only two complete options, the mixamp or the X7, and the X7 might as well be not available in Canada since its got a 100% markup here...

I am using AKG 240 MKII headphones with a borrowed 2015 mixamp at the moment. Regular setup is a yamaha AVR with Tannoy Saturn LCR's.

Jul 24, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #7 of 8
I would be interested to see what you guys are using as well. I have been digging around everywhere trying to decide what to get for my PS4.. Really comes down to only two complete options, the mixamp or the X7, and the X7 might as well be not available in Canada since its got a 100% markup here...

I am using AKG 240 MKII headphones with a borrowed 2015 mixamp at the moment. Regular setup is a yamaha AVR with Tannoy Saturn LCR's.

I think the X7 is overkill for consoles. The mixamp is nice because of being able to adjust game/chat balance. You can also daisy chain the mixamp to another amp if you need to by using a y connector out of the mixamp headphone out and run into the amp and then into headphones. That being said, my mixamp just quit working for chat (think the kids dropped it), sound still works, but no chat; and I've been looking for some sort of replacement. For the money, I will probably buy another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back