Philips Fidelio X2 or HiFi Man HE-400s
Sep 29, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #32 of 37
Congrats on your new headphones
gs1000.gif

Thanks!

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #34 of 37
Im planning on getting the he400s very soon, how have youre headphones been in the past year? Has the bass changed any bit? Hopfully you respond! Very excited to purchase them!

Using the stock pads the bass is still pretty much the same. But as of now I am using the 400s with the Focus Pad (Non A) and using this the bass got better in impact and texture (but still not for bass head though).

I also tried it with the Brainwavz HM5 pads and I didn't really like them with 400s .. Yes the bass improved with the HM5 but the mids became too thick for my taste compared with the Focus Pad.

I also upgraded the cables of it with Kimber Cable Copper because the stock cable worn out long ago.

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #35 of 37
Alright thanks for the reply. I also read that Focus Pads do improve the bass. I dont have an opportunity to test them and from what I read I will like them. Kind of thinking about the He400 as I will be gaming and someone on here said they much more fun. I guess I will go homeless and get both.

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #36 of 37
Alright thanks for the reply. I also read that Focus Pads do improve the bass. I dont have an opportunity to test them and from what I read I will like them. Kind of thinking about the He400 as I will be gaming and someone on here said they much more fun. I guess I will go homeless and get both.

I have tried the 400 in a meet before and not really impressed that much for me the highs of the 400 is somewhat dry for me compared to 400s maybe because of the noisy environment that time that I didnt hear it's full SQ havent got a chance to try it again ever since. Also personally I dont think the 400 is good for gaming comfort wise, since they're a bit heavy compared 400s.

By the way, since you are planning on getting them both, you can try and check out the 400i (preference wise I liked the 400i compared to the other two, but this one is a bit hard to drive) instead as I think there is really no point in getting them both (400 and 400s) unless you are on to collecting them.

But yeah in the end it's still yours to decide. Just my 2 cents :).

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #37 of 37
I think il go with the He400s as I have a Fiio Olympus2 and probably not enough to drive the 400. Im thinking of getting a Shiit stack of some kind but it depends on the next set of cans I will get. Im new to this stuff but it all seems so exciting. Nice little hobby im getting into. Also youre 2 cents is much appreciated. Hopefully Christmas comes a little early this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back