Philips Fidelio X2 Defects on Amazon
Jan 3, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #159 of 250
What are woox and Gibson ? Sellers?

WOOX was the original division of Philips which was the name the 'early' X2s were produced under.  Gibson is the company that Philips sold WOOX to and the name under which more recent pairs are produced. Interview explaining it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaB1LPhDQ14

Can someone recommend a good amp/dac for my Philips fidelity x2 ? Tyll from innerfidelity doesn't recommend a tube amp because of the 30ohm impedance I would prefer a desktop combo

I use a FiiO E10K.  Cheap and cheerful.

Quote:

3-blob soundstage, as in HD 600/650?

Never heard those headphones.  It just doesn't seem there's much information between the 0-90° and 270-360° angles.  You never get the feeling you're experiencing the music - always listening to it.

Jan 3, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #160 of 250
People keep saying there glued on when actually it's the 4 pegs themselves that have glue on them ,,, they can be removed and use some goo gone to clean the pegs , some of the pegs shrink during the plastic cooling process and font fit tightly enough which is why Gibson started using glue on them

Jan 3, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #161 of 250
If anyone is looking for alternative or replacement X2 pads.  This is the only ones that I have found.

Bass Plus Velvet Replacement Ear Pads Cushion For Philips Fidelio X2 Headphones

Ebay Item number:  261967950938

They had 6 pairs at the time I posted this.  They sold 48 pairs before these 8 pairs were just added.

Jan 3, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #163 of 250
You Having owning the hd600, hd 650, he500 and all other cans, what would you recommend me for my next can. I currently own the x2, hd 598 and ath-m40x, ath-m50x and mdr v6.

I own Hifiman he-500's and they're leagues above the X2's if you're looking for a more analytical sound (lifelike) + higher fidelity whilst offering the gorgeous vocals and deep bass the X2's offer but on a completely higher level.

Not saying the X2's are bad, they're much warmer can than the He-500's and offer a less detailed sound signature so considered a fun can and can be ideal depending on the mood you're in.

The He-500's can be found cheap nowadays, I've seen them for $350, combine them with a stereo amp (look into the Emotiva mini x $150) and you've a decent upgrade that would be considered end game for most.  

I own X2's too, which I recently  picked up for a bargain sum of ($180) and I've decided on keeping them for solely night time use as they're more soothing to listen to than my He-500's (which wake me up) and I can easily fall asleep with them on!

Aside (not aimed at you John)

If anybody here feels they have a sub par sounding X2, rather than say "well, mines a Woox or Gibson so it must be the reason.." try adjusting the X2's on your head and try different positions.  Pushing down on the headband and having them rest near my forehead opposed to near the crown makes the sound change for me in a good way.   For one the bloated bass is tightened in trance music.  

Everybody's head/ears are a different shape so it's possible may all be hearing the X2's differently depending on how we wear them..

Jan 3, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #164 of 250
Why don't u just buy from Philips?

I couldn't find the part number or link to the pads on their website.  I read on their support forum to contact the local dealer for pads.

Anyone got a link or part number to purchase OEM pads?

Jan 3, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #165 of 250

I couldn't find the part number or link to the pads on their website.  I read on their support forum to contact the local dealer for pads.

Anyone got a link or part number to purchase OEM pads?

Does not exist.  Philips don't sell replacement pads for the X2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back