Philips Fidelio L4 and T2 - Coming Soon
Nov 3, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #16 of 33
Pleather just turns into dusty bits after a while and 3rd party pads imo tend to change the sound signature if its better or worse is tricky to tell too.

So far the B&W Px8s with nappa leather pads have been the best I tried, 2nd are the Beyerdynamics DT700 Xs with their velor fluffy pads.

Never tried the dekoni pads though but hear great things from them.

Nov 4, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #17 of 33
While in the past I was a huge fan of Philips Fidelio headphones, I can't support them anymore due to the lack of easily purchasable OEM replacement pads. I've had a number of M1, an L1, a couple L2, and an X2HR headphones, and I think only the X2HR were you ever able to get true OEM replacements, and even then, they weren't readily available. In a few instances, I had camel alerts, and I bought a new pair of M1 for $30, and did the same for the L2 at $60ish. So essentially I was wasting those otherwise perfectly fine headphones. Terrible for the environment, and really not any better for Philips since I was buying them at such a discount. I put companies that do that in the same league as cell phone manufacturers that don't allow you to easily buy OEM batteries.

Oh, I did get a pair of pads for my L1 from AliExpress when the OEM pads heat sealed seams failed, and they're ok, but not nearly as comfortable as OEM.

Nov 17, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #18 of 33
I'm giving up on waiting for these and am getting a Focal Bathys, which is, I know, more expensive (although they're on sale now). The Focal ear pads can be replaced - although they're not cheap. Some of the early reviews (I read most with more than a little suspicion when they found nothing "wrong" with the product) do make them sound bass-heavy, and I didn't like the Philips X3 that I had tried.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #19 of 33
I'm giving up on waiting for these and am getting a Focal Bathys, which is, I know, more expensive (although they're on sale now). The Focal ear pads can be replaced - although they're not cheap. Some of the early reviews (I read most with more than a little suspicion when they found nothing "wrong" with the product) do make them sound bass-heavy, and I didn't like the Philips X3 that I had tried.

Don't blame you, I just did a quick check on the L4s and nothing.... several sites suggested early october release and its coming up to december soon maybe Philips had some issues with this release which is a shame.

I don't think you can go wrong with the bathys, I have read that mega B&W PX8 thread and the bathys and PX8s were considered top players in the Wireless hps going.

I would have stuck with my PX8s myself but my user case is different, I need decent latency for movies/TV so LE audios LC3+ or 2.4ghz BT only or snapdragon S7, currently considering the Audeze maxwells or novas or Sonys new Wireless planars next February but will see.

Jan 7, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #20 of 33
BTW, Fidelio L4 and T2 are available on Amazon UK for £299 and £249 respectively.

Anyone wants to give them a shot?

Anyway, Philips/TPV really has to work on their time-to-market: these things were announced in February 2023, they're basically already a year old now that they just came out the market.

Quite frankly the whole TP-Vision lineup (TVs, soudnbars/speakers, headphones/earphones) has been quite messed up in the last few years, and sales are absolutely abysmal.

I just hope they're restructuring internally, as they won't be able to continue operating for long, keeping it this way.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #21 of 33
BTW, Fidelio L4 and T2 are available on Amazon UK for £299 and £249 respectively.

Anyone wants to give them a shot?

Anyway, Philips/TPV really has to work on their time-to-market: these things were announced in February 2023, they're basically already a year old now that they just came out the market.

Quite frankly the whole TP-Vision lineup (TVs, soudnbars/speakers, headphones/earphones) has been quite messed up in the last few years, and sales are absolutely abysmal.

I just hope they're restructuring internally, as they won't be able to continue operating for long, keeping it this way.

Yeah the delay put me right off, there is someone on the philips forums who mentioned they were unable to activate LE audio on his buds. If it took Philips that long to release it id hate to think how good their support or LE audio support overall is since it doesn't sound like they even added LE audio support in there.

You have companies like Audeze which still have yet to add the LE audio codec on their headphones...which appear to be sold with LE audio stamp on the box for past few years.

Samsung still have broken LE audio drivers on their Android 14 update, they claimed they fixed it but when I tested it nothing changed its like all they did was updated the bug report from status to fixed and moved onto the next bug....

Feb 29, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #22 of 33
I have the Fidelio L4 since some days and i really like the sound but I have some problems with it.
1. it turns sometime off without a reason and I don’t know why,yesterday it turns the whole day not off. I read some reviews and they have the same problem.
2. when I turn on the Spatial audio Option in Phillips Headphone app I hear randomly a strange sound while music is playing ,it comes and goes .
when I turn off the Spatial Audio option there are no strange sounds in the music.
i don’t know what this is and I can’t find anything about this problem in the internet .
I use them on the iPad Pro 12,9 M2 with Apple Music .
i like how Spatial Audio change the music ,it have a little more deep bass and more stage volume but this strange noises are really annoying.
im thinking about to send them back ,but I dont want send them back because it’s the best Bluetooth Headphones in my opinion.

anybody have these problems too ?
please help :frowning2:

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #23 of 33
I have the Fidelio L4 since some days and i really like the sound but I have some problems with it.
1. it turns sometime off without a reason and I don’t know why,yesterday it turns the whole day not off. I read some reviews and they have the same problem.
2. when I turn on the Spatial audio Option in Phillips Headphone app I hear randomly a strange sound while music is playing ,it comes and goes .
when I turn off the Spatial Audio option there are no strange sounds in the music.
i don’t know what this is and I can’t find anything about this problem in the internet .
I use them on the iPad Pro 12,9 M2 with Apple Music .
i like how Spatial Audio change the music ,it have a little more deep bass and more stage volume but this strange noises are really annoying.
im thinking about to send them back ,but I dont want send them back because it’s the best Bluetooth Headphones in my opinion.

anybody have these problems too ?
please help :frowning2:
Hi,
I have the Fidelio L4 for more than a week now and I am also facing simmilar issiues as your problem 1. However I am pretty certain that in my case it's coming from my phone.
I'm currently using a Galaxy Z Fold 5 and my Fidelios are disconnecting every 5 to 10 minutes which is really annoying. The phone says it still is connected to the fidelios and the Fidelios are not making the disconnect sound. However the music just stops coming out of the headphones and the headphone app is unresponsive. Usually after 30s-1 minute it resumes playing music but sometimes the fidelios make the disconnect sound abd i have to reconnect them manually. I was already planning to send them back but then I testen them on my old Galaxy Z Flip 3 and there they work like a charm. I don't have any disconnect issues at all.
I tried to match all the setting between the two phones and eben wiped the Android Cache and reset the BT/Wi-Fi setting but the issue still persists.
sadly I can not give you any solution as I am struggling to find one myself :frowning2:

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 4:07 AM Post #24 of 33
Hi,
I have the Fidelio L4 for more than a week now and I am also facing simmilar issiues as your problem 1. However I am pretty certain that in my case it's coming from my phone.
I'm currently using a Galaxy Z Fold 5 and my Fidelios are disconnecting every 5 to 10 minutes which is really annoying. The phone says it still is connected to the fidelios and the Fidelios are not making the disconnect sound. However the music just stops coming out of the headphones and the headphone app is unresponsive. Usually after 30s-1 minute it resumes playing music but sometimes the fidelios make the disconnect sound abd i have to reconnect them manually. I was already planning to send them back but then I testen them on my old Galaxy Z Flip 3 and there they work like a charm. I don't have any disconnect issues at all.
I tried to match all the setting between the two phones and eben wiped the Android Cache and reset the BT/Wi-Fi setting but the issue still persists.
sadly I can not give you any solution as I am struggling to find one myself :frowning2:
Thanks for your answer.
I don’t have Bluetooth disconnections ,it just turned off randomly ,sometimes with sounds sometimes without.
i read a support answered from philips about turn off from Bluetooth headphones and they say you must have the volume on a fixed level ,when it’s under this volume they turn off .
this is very funny because I hear on the half maximum level.
i don’t know rats wring with these headphones,it’s very sad ,i really love them.
but I think it a software issue and u hope they fix this soon.
i Hope they fix the strange sounds when spatial sound mode is on too.

sorry for my english,I nerver learned it in school.
i learned it from music ,reading ,movies and video games.

update :
I tested something,when i do the music louder the strange sounds getting louder too.
ithis means ,it is no speaker issues.
my first thought was the speaker touch something inside the headphone but thats not the case.
the strange sound is always different .
i heard the same song many times and the strange sound is never on the same part in the music.
it only happens when i turn on the Spatial Mode in the Philips App,without this mode everting sounds clean.
but the strange thing is ,the noises are not on every music Titel.

By the way i had no randomly turn off issues today in 6 hours of listening.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #25 of 33
headphones switching randomly off could be an firmware issue, it maybe something related to energy saving or auto off.

Not all hp's get the energy saving or auto off properly, I have seen the issue on my PX7s2s and even Artic Pros which are also wireless hps. I ended up just disabling auto off or energy saving.

Worth posting on the philips support forums or emailing them with a list of issues, sounds like bugs which hopefully get solved in the drivers/firmware updates.

Mar 31, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #26 of 33
Hello everyone.
I have the Fidelio earbuds T2.
Any news about LE audio/LC3 and Auracast support with philips'
Because those features are indeed printed on the box and on the Philips user guide but i dont think those earbuds support it (yet?) since i was not able to make it work... although,
I also have the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro and they work with my phone both with Auracast and LE audio ..

Mar 31, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #27 of 33
Hello everyone.
I have the Fidelio earbuds T2.
Any news about LE audio/LC3 and Auracast support with philips'
Because those features are indeed printed on the box and on the Philips user guide but i dont think those earbuds support it (yet?) since i was not able to make it work... although,
I also have the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro and they work with my phone both with Auracast and LE audio ..

Better reach out to TP-Vision to hear what's their plan with adding BLE Audio support given it was advertised at launch.

Apr 1, 2024 at 7:20 AM Post #28 of 33
When I spoke to them few months ago their customer service had no idea on any ETA but frankly I don't think they even knew about LE support. Same response on their support forums.

Hopefully its not like Audeze maxwells mythical LE audio support which too also listed LE audio on the side of the box.

This is why I initially skipped both hps and went with the Creative Zen Pro hybrids which come with an working LE audio BT dongle, they don't sadly sell the LE BT dongle separately but you can email creative to perhaps sway their demand.

Apr 2, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #29 of 33
Thank you both of you.
Unfortunately i have the Fidelio T2 since early December and already sent 3 emails to Philips customer service France about this Lc3 problem.
They told me first they would come back to me after they get answer from their ingeniors or technical services..
They only came back to me almost 2 months later after i sent a 2nd mail and their response made absolutely no sense and was useless
In their final mail they told me Lc3 was available but clearly they were confused with LE-data (the way the app android connect to the smartphone) and LE-audio which is not available...
They told me i should search name and connect via bluetooth to LE-Fidelio T2 instead of Fidelio T2...But there is not even a LE-XXXXX of any sort showing anyway...
I do hope Auracast /LC3 are still on Philips agenda though.

Apr 2, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #30 of 33
Thank you both of you.
Unfortunately i have the Fidelio T2 since early December and already sent 3 emails to Philips customer service France about this Lc3 problem.
They told me first they would come back to me after they get answer from their ingeniors or technical services..
They only came back to me almost 2 months later after i sent a 2nd mail and their response made absolutely no sense and was useless
In their final mail they told me Lc3 was available but clearly they were confused with LE-data (the way the app android connect to the smartphone) and LE-audio which is not available...
They told me i should search name and connect via bluetooth to LE-Fidelio T2 instead of Fidelio T2...But there is not even a LE-XXXXX of any sort showing anyway...
I do hope Auracast /LC3 are still on Philips agenda though.

Sounds like Philips support, its a bit useless tbh.

Have you tried posting on their forums? here

Id bet nearly all emails are sent to 1st line support so they don't really have any technical expertise other then sound is sound....

LE audio is very very new, many mobile phones, hps, buds and devices don't really support or work properly yet. My Samsung s23 despite supporting LE audio is broken upon BT connection, even when samsung support said its fixed and all I have to do is click software update, I reminded them I was already on the latest build/update

So its pretty clear the engineers will need a long time to get clued up on LE audio support.

Users who are viewing this thread

• JML
Back