Philips Fidelio L2
Mar 5, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #691 of 1,146
. Thankyou for the information, do you think the earpads will hold up for a few years? Like atleast 3-4 years? And is the L2 really that much clearer because I can get the L1 at a awesome price (138USD is 178AUD) or should I just go for the L2? L1 is 138 including shipping so yeah very low price right now which makes it very tempting

Like the others said L2 is much better than L1, IMO they are not in the same league. Go for L2. 

Mar 5, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #693 of 1,146
Check if Amazon.it ship to Australia, I know they do for US.

Mar 5, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #694 of 1,146
  Check if Amazon.it ship to Australia, I know they do for US.

Yes Amazon does.
Same for the X2 if anyone is interested.

Mar 8, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #697 of 1,146
I own the Momentum and prefer the L2. The Momentum is a great sounding headphone, but is more laid back in its presentation and has a more rolled off treble.

I have heard both the P5 and P7. I wouldn't bother with the P5, the Momentum, L2 and P7 all outclass it. From what I can remember the P7 has more bass and isn't quite as sparkly as the L2.

I don't think you can go wrong with either the P7, Momentum or L2, they are all superb headphones, but I would choose the L2 any day. That's just my personal preference, but I'm sure others may differ. :)

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #698 of 1,146
Just asking, but how do the L2 compare with the Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear, Bowers & Wilkins P7, Bowers & Wilkins P5 and V Moda M100?

+1 what markwilliamsweb said. I've heard all of those phones and I think only P7 is competition for L2, but the L2 as far as I remember was more detailed and clear sounding. Also I don't think V-Moda M100 is in the same league, they are dark and muddy sounding to me.

Mar 8, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #699 of 1,146
I own the Momentum and prefer the L2. The Momentum is a great sounding headphone, but is more laid back in its presentation and has a more rolled off treble.

I have heard both the P5 and P7. I wouldn't bother with the P5, the Momentum, L2 and P7 all outclass it. From what I can remember the P7 has more bass and isn't quite as sparkly as the L2.

I don't think you can go wrong with either the P7, Momentum or L2, they are all superb headphones, but I would choose the L2 any day. That's just my personal preference, but I'm sure others may differ. :)

+1 what markwilliamsweb
 said. I've heard all of those phones and I think only P7 is competition for L2, but the L2 as far as I remember was more detailed and clear sounding. Also I don't think V-Moda M100 is in the same league, they are dark and muddy sounding to me.
. How does the bass hit is heavier & punchier than the Momentum?

Mar 8, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #700 of 1,146
. How does the bass hit is heavier & punchier than the Momentum?

Bass isn't as slow, full, and thick. The L2's bass is faster and punches harder. Supposedly the Momentum is bassier but it's really a soft sounding headphone. 

Mar 8, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #701 of 1,146

Bass isn't as slow, full, and thick. The L2's bass is faster and punches harder. Supposedly the Momentum is bassier but it's really a soft sounding headphone. 

Yeah that's spot on. The Momentum has good bass, but it's slower and not as impactful. It's in part what makes the L2 a more engaging fun headphone. The L2 isn't bass shy though, it hits hard in all the right places and if you are into electronic/dance music then it's a great choice.

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #702 of 1,146
Yeah that's spot on. The Momentum has good bass, but it's slower and not as [COLOR=222222]impactful[/COLOR]. It's in part what makes the L2 a more engaging fun headphone. The L2 isn't bass shy though, it hits hard in all the right places and if you are into electronic/dance music then it's a great choice.
. Ok they sound perfect, now do they require an amp? As for I'd be using them at home but also outside and when I go for walks

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #703 of 1,146
. Ok they sound perfect, now do they require an amp? As for I'd be using them at home but also outside and when I go for walks

I say they scale quite a bit and easily show changes with upstream gear although not completely changing their signature. It's easy to coax more out of it even with a DAP or a cheap DAC amp. Having said that, even out of my iPhone, it is more than acceptable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back