Philips DVD963SA From J&R, need recent order#
May 18, 2003 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 7
try calling again and talk to a different sales rep. since their price is $399, $360 is just 10% off to them. tell them a friend picked it up for $360 and if they cant give you the 10%, then forget it. be nice, but persistant. sales reps are people too.
tongue.gif

try doing a quick search here for J&R and youll find a thread where JMeidros of someone name a particular sales person, try to ask for them on the phone. i cant remember who it was tho.

gluck!

May 19, 2003 at 1:19 AM Post #3 of 7
bluesaint, try searching a little more for J&R here - I did post the name of the rep I talked to, and he said it was OK to give his name in connection with the $360 deal. I don't remember the name or the thread right now.

May 19, 2003 at 4:17 AM Post #4 of 7
in my experience with J&R, being persistent has really paid off... there is one completely unbudging operator (real prick) who not only refused to accomodate me in anyway, but wouldn't even provide his name. All I can tell you with these guys is--if at first you don't succeed; call back later and work on someone else

May 19, 2003 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 7
Since I am impatient and no one posted, i took the liberty of digging for info. I dont have any order #, but did a search for "J&R" and found this:

FCJ said: "It was a phone sales rep, Dominick"

aeberbach said: "Charlie, telephone sales at J&R, extension 1055, sold it to me for $360 - and told me it was OK to give out his extension number"

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=30555

May 19, 2003 at 9:59 PM Post #6 of 7
I ordered two units within a few days of each other and both times all I had to do was ask for the discount - no arguements whatsoever. Different Rep both times too.

May 20, 2003 at 4:14 PM Post #7 of 7
I'm only repeating this information because you asked, Bluesaint: Talk to Michael Ruski in the Sony room. He's on vacation this week but he'll be back next Monday and he'll give you the correct price. He's also the only one who knows about high-end audio. He worked at Harvey's and Sound by Singer long ago. Those places just don't pay salespeople anymore.

I was just at J&R today -- there are now 963SAs in both high-end rooms on the second (audio) floor. Time was, the 963 was only shown downstairs in the TV/DVD room.

Isn't it time for some new universal player to trump this one in sound quality and price? I love mine (it sounds majestic), but I do wish it played DVD-A discs, since the latter format seems to offer quirkier fare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back