Philips Citiscape downtown, vs DJ100
May 6, 2012 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dragisback

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for my first semi-high quality headphones, I only have $100, so i can only buy $100 headphones after shipping and tax,
I'm a very portable listener, i will be taking these to school, outside and will be using them on my computer...
I've searched Head fi and youtube for days now finding the best ones, and the two most highly regarded portable headphones that had good sound quality, looks and comfort were the philips downtown and the koss DJ100(or tony bennett one) with a fiio 11 amp or cmoy.

So, i am asking; first, which has better sound quality? (i presume dj100) and which is more comfortable on my large ears? they both are said to be relatively noise isolating, some people don't like the comfort of the koss, which in this case is the deal breaker if that's true.

If you have any other suggestions for better sounding, more comfortable headphones for $100 (just dont tell me the ath ad700 or a700 the have no bass) that have good bass for dubstep, and better highs and mids than the two headphones i mentioned, then please tell me.

Thanks

May 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 5
You can get the dj100s for dirt cheap now. Recable them, get some M50 pads and they are amazing. Idk about the downtown, I was gonna bite on them, but the extremely mod unfriendly design turned me away.

May 6, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #4 of 5
yeah, but even with m50 pads are they as comfortable as the downtowns? If you've tried them at bestbuy or something you would know what I'm talking about, but i have no idea if i can wear the dj100's for 10+ hours at a time

May 6, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #5 of 5
plus, the dj100's even with the new pads and cables will cost around $75, and still won't sound good without an amp as far as i know from reading the threads here, and to get a decent amp (fiio e11) it costs at least $50, which means i can't afford it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back