Philips Bubbles
Jul 19, 2009 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ishcabible

Headphoneus Supremus
Someone please take a trip to Marshalls and buy a pair to reassure me that these $5 earbuds aren't half bad when burned in. They sound like crap when you listen to them fresh out of the package.
I have a hard time believing it but they are only about 20% worse than KSC75s and a good margin better than Gumys.

I'll make a full review tomorrow, but some quick impressions.

They are a tad hazy sounding in the mids and maybe only 10% more bass than a K271.

Its soundstage is pretty amazing compared to the K271 though. I can almost take a ruler to measure where the singers and instruments are.

They're pretty unforgiving too. Very sensitive to clipping.

Currently listening to Like A Dog Chasing Cars and it's having a bit of a hard time keeping up, but still, it was $5.

Jul 19, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 11
Yes, gotta problem with that?
ph34r.gif

Jul 19, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #5 of 11
Ah, well sorry!

Haha they're actually my sister's so that wasn't my choice. I'll edit the title.

Jul 19, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tbh i dont get why the different colours get dif model numbers

To spawn multiple threads, including the inevitable 'How Do You Pronounce Philips' one...

Jul 19, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll run by & give them a shot. Will advise asap...

Cool thanks!

They need 100 hours of burn in before you even plan on trying them.

Mind PMing me where in IL you live? It'd be nice to do a local mini meet.

/off topic

Oct 8, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #11 of 11
My wife got that same pair at Marshall's! And when you hook it up to the Fiio E5 Its awesome ... you know for $5! Remind me of the Denon 551's and that $50 street price pair! Oh by the way I did notice them sound soo much better after some burn in; I think out of the box they were worse hooked to the E5! I still thought the were good on the ipod, but now they sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back