Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and impressions)
Dec 14, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #407 of 528
Do you have photos of the 9500 b/c mine looks nothing like stock anymore, and ofc i have the headband issue. How did you fix this? Which leather strap.
As for top of head pressure i've felt on other cans, and sometimes breaking in helps, or i have used hairdryer to accelerate break in, which worked on a beyer i have with the ultrasone headband notorious for that same type annoyance

I bought the MrSpeakers Comfort Leather head strap for the Fostex TXXRP and modified it:

Modded MrSpeakers comfort leather strap

...on the SHP9500...

...with the 1840 pads...

The 1840 pads have the foam removed from the back of the driver covering fabric and a layer of tissue paper to help tame the highs. The 1540 pads absolutely had to have the foam removed otherwise the sound was too veiled and slightly too dark sounding. The 1840 pads may be fine with the foam left in, I immediately defoamed them before putting them on based on experience with the 1540 pads.

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #412 of 528
I like them, just not sure why they never gained popularity. I still need to find a head band cushion. They are a brutal with that pressure point right on the top of your skull.

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #413 of 528
So after having the A5's a few weeks I can reiterate that I LOVE these cans.  Listen to them almost every day.  Definitely the best $80 I've ever spent in audio.

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #414 of 528
Ah, I can't seem to add an image to my post.

The error message says: Your account does not have the required permissions to access this page.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Basically, I'm trying to post pictures that show how the black fabric of my stock ear cushions are tearing.

It's quite bad, and without a chance to buy replacement ear cushions, I'm just going to have to live with my torn ones. :/

Jan 18, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #415 of 528

The error message says: Your account does not have the required permissions to access this page.

Read the top section in blue: http://www.head-fi.org/f/5620/feedback-bug-reports

"Due to issues with spammers, new Members cannot edit their profile or avatar or upload pictures immediately. Also, posts from new members may be automatically held for moderation. After you've been a member for a few days and made a few posts, your account will be automatically upgraded. Please do not attempt to re-post if this happens."

Welcome to the Forum
beerchug.gif

Jan 18, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #416 of 528
  So after having the A5's a few weeks I can reiterate that I LOVE these cans.  Listen to them almost every day.  Definitely the best $80 I've ever spent in audio.

Awesome!!

I'm still blown away by that sweet deal =)

Jan 18, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #417 of 528

Basically, I'm trying to post pictures that show how the black fabric of my stock ear cushions are tearing.

It's quite bad, and without a chance to buy replacement ear cushions, I'm just going to have to live with my torn ones. :/

Post the images in Imgur.

How long have you had your headphones? Ive have them for over a year and the cushions are in excellent condition even when i use them daily

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #418 of 528
Good news for X2 and A5-PRO owners in Scandinavia (+Finland).
Philips spare part company in Sweden have the big velour ear pads for X2 and A5-PRO.

X2:
left ear: https://www.reservex.se/artiklar.asp?id=65230
right ear: https://www.reservex.se/artiklar.asp?id=65231

A5-PRO:
https://www.reservex.se/artiklar.asp?id=64556

They will ship to Denmark, Norway and Finland (except Åland).

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #419 of 528
No shipping to the rest of Europe? Pity.

Oh well, good thing I managed to buy one of the last 80 mm pads from Armada. At least I have something for when the stock ones fall apart. And then I will certainly try to harvest the mounting mechanism and see if there's a way to attach non-Philips pads to it.

I noticed that some Chinese headphones use similar pad mechanism, for example Meizu HD50 and Xiaomi Mi. I wonder if one of these made the mechanism for Philips.

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #420 of 528
No shipping to the rest of Europe? Pity.

Oh well, good thing I managed to buy one of the last 80 mm pads from Armada. At least I have something for when the stock ones fall apart. And then I will certainly try to harvest the mounting mechanism and see if there's a way to attach non-Philips pads to it.

I noticed that some Chinese headphones use similar pad mechanism, for example Meizu HD50 and Xiaomi Mi. I wonder if one of these made the mechanism for Philips.

That would be awesome if anyone can confirm if these pad mounts are compatible. More so if they can provide some sources for buying the pads. I've never heard of these Chinese headphones so without buying a sacrificial set, I have no way to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back