Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and impressions)
Dec 1, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #361 of 528

Yeah slowpickr you rock! thanks for taking the Dive and jumping on that price!!

When I first got these Cans I immediately wanted a backup pair.

It's funny about a week ago I was checking prices on the A5PRO 

Amazon has them on Sale for $181 and I thought WOW! Good deal! 
Time to buy a backup!

Then you guys started throwing around the $79 price and my brain started melting.

basshead.gif

We have Google to thank actually.  I'd been thinking about the Philips L2s at $99 on Amazon.  Then I happened to notice this thread the other night.  Read several positive posts so I decided to Google the A5Pros.  One of the first things that popped up was the $79.99 Groupon price.  Didn't see anyone mentioning it on HF so I thought I would post it here.  The rest is history (and of course reduced bank accounts).

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #362 of 528
Well I really appreciate the heads up, and if for any reason you don't like the A5PRO I'd happily buy them from you.
regular_smile .gif

beerchug.gif

Quote:

3500mW is ridiculously high, but being they are Professional DJ headphones they are
required to produce insanely loud levels of sound.

Rumor has it that Armin van Burren puts Ear Plugs on underneath the A5PRO
and cranks up the volume.

Just did a image search and a quick Mock-up of the photo, looks like Custom Ear Plug Protection.

It's very important for a DJ to protect their hearing in such a loud environment
even with earplugs in you can hear the music just fine
the A5PRO are made for it!

Additionally the A5PRO's have really good sound Isolation =-D
Not as good as the HD8-DJ, but the A5PRO kills it in the sound department.

Dec 1, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #363 of 528
We have Google to thank actually.  I'd been thinking about the Philips L2s at $99 on Amazon.  Then I happened to notice this thread the other night.  Read several positive posts so I decided to Google the A5Pros.  One of the first things that popped up was the $79.99 Groupon price.  Didn't see anyone mentioning it on HF so I thought I would post it here.  The rest is history (and of course reduced bank accounts).

You at least reduced the reduction in my bank acount though...saved over $100 cancelling the Amazon purchase and going with the Groupon purchase @ $85 shipped... :)

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #367 of 528
Awesome!  
beyersmile.png

Did it come with the 3 Pads

beerchug.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #369 of 528
Yeah 3 different size and style Ear Pads
beyersmile.png

Lucky buggers who jumped on the Below cost $80 A5PRO sale !!!!!!

I'm so Jealous !!!
tongue.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #370 of 528
Just came with single 93mm pad....which for all intents and purposes is an on ear pad, way too small for a circumaural pad. Boy these headphones are pretty uncomfortable...right now burning them in off head because I also had the AIAIAI TMA-2's come in and much prefer having those on head, fit really nice. Initally sound is okay with the A5-PROs, but seems like they are missing some music/song details right now, will see how they change over time... they do isolate well though. If the sound come around more to my liking they will be modded for better fitment, because I can't take that headband right now. If the sound doesn't come around to my liking they will be sold. The AIAIAI TMA-2 have already started off on the right foot compared to the A5-PRO's...fitment and initial sound more to my liking, and they have about the same isolation.

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #371 of 528
Just came with single 93mm pad....which for all intents and purposes is an on ear pad, way too small for a circumaural pad. Boy these headphones are pretty uncomfortable...right now burning them in off head because I also had the AIAIAI TMA-2's come in and much prefer having those on head, fit really nice. Initally sound is okay with the A5-PROs, but seems like they are missing some music/song details right now, will see how they change over time... they do isolate well though. If the sound come around more to my liking they will be modded for better fitment, because I can't take that headband right now. If the sound doesn't come around to my liking they will be sold. The AIAIAI TMA-2 have already started off on the right foot compared to the A5-PRO's...fitment and initial sound more to my liking, and they have about the same isolation.

Dang! 
frown.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #372 of 528
Thanks for the update.

Only 1 set of pads??  Groupon, those lying jerks!
You should yell at them and have them give you another discount.. shesh.

Yeah these are GO-CANS and the headband is all business and no plushness.

Even then I find them pretty comfortable and after a few hours the very top of the headband does start to bother me.

but normally I'm on the run and usually wearing a beanie and can easily go 8hrs with them on.

Keep in mind these are Professional DJ Cans and created in a way to maximize DJ proficiency with a militaristic style tactical approach.

If you can tame the beast it's a hell-of-a fun Can to own. 

beerchug.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #373 of 528

That was my first impression, they were quite umcofortable at first, but its been a year since i bought them and theyve adjusted to my head overtime, its as comfortable as my Shure SRH1540. and slightly better than my DT700.

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #374 of 528
Fitment seems to be getting better, put them on for a bit just now and they feel a little better, took them off and flexed the headband....seems better. Still that single resting point of the band on the top of the head does get annoying... The sound seems to be a little better, has a 'distant' quality to it though compared to all my other headphones, like there is physically a just a tad more distance between me and the music I hear being played.

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #375 of 528
Really appreciate the updates =)

That is another strange thing about the A5PRO for such very closed HP
it has a pretty good sound stage.

It does have a few cool looking Ports/Vents behind the Front hinge area..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back