Jan 30, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #31 of 40

Quote:
Quote:

"It was *this* big."

darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif

You listen to YABOI little wayne since you got home?

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #34 of 40

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #35 of 40
Hello, all,

Had a great time at the meet.  And, although we were several people short of 20, the size of the crowd we did have seemed to work out quite well!

The pictures are great, by the way, Leesure!  Thanks for taking/posting. We all seem so much more thoughtful and peaceful than most of us really are.  Ha!

The KGSS/009 combo was definitely my favorite of the meet.  Even the triangle hits at the back of the orchestra recordings seemed 3-dimensional! The trombone solo in the first movement of Mahler's 3rd was extra demonic. And, it is quite a feat that the amp was powered on for at least 5 hours and was just warm to touch.

Listening to GlowGlass’ DIY tube amps made me miss my old hybrid amp! Both GlowGlass and TMoney are examples of how impressive of a build a devoted headphone lover can create.

Listening to the RSA Apache again was a treat.  I haven’t had a chance to hear it since RMA in October. It is one of the few solid-state setups that I enjoy with my T1s.   The CA Azure CD player/transport was an eye-opener for me. A/B-ing the Havana DAC with the CA Azure highlighted the quality of that transport. Consequently I may actually be picking up one of the lower models in the next few week, but we’ll see. (I seem to never be able to leave a meet without a purchase in the works. Damn!)

I’m glad we were all able to pull this off. I hope to run into some of you again in the future.

Regards,

Joe

Jan 31, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #37 of 40

Quote:

The KGSS/009 combo was definitely my favorite of the meet.  Even the triangle hits at the back of the orchestra recordings seemed 3-dimensional! The trombone solo in the first movement of Mahler's 3rd was extra demonic. And, it is quite a feat that the amp was powered on for at least 5 hours and was just warm to touch.

Joe, just out of curiosity, have you had a chance to listen to the 009 with the BHSE? If so, I would love to hear how you think it compares with the HV. I am currently hesitating between these two amps to pair the 009 and the 007...

Many thanks.

Jan 31, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #40 of 40
Hey you all,
This has become a very tasteful report of impressions. Love the way you guys can write about all the equipment and in between I can see you again on Leesure's great shots and close ups of people and the stuff we are interested in. Thanks again for the nice comments on my amp. It just does what I hoped to build for, catching my deep interest and holding it as long as I can keep the cans on. I hope we can do this somehow again soon, to see you all again and to hear what I missed this time, like the Objective2. Speaking of lower priced items, I liked the presentation of the Maverick D1, as it outperforms by a good margin my like priced (boring flat) EMU ad/da converter.
Thanks a million Brasewel for having us and all of you for taking me into this friendly gathering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back