Philadelphia area mini-meet Impressions Thread
Sep 11, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #16 of 27
Lee, you know those pics are going on my profile 
wink.gif

Sep 11, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #17 of 27
Bummed out that I missed this.  I've been looking to upgrade to some desktop gear and this would have been a great chance to try before buying.  Oh well, next time.  Looks like it was a lot of fun, great shots by the way!!

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #19 of 27
Those pics are reviving my desire to live in a huge, open loft.
Great "glamour" shots too! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 12, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #20 of 27
Ok so I have to ask, what's with the posed shots of Ari and the two other guys? Seems like there was more going on there.
wink.gif

Looks like it was a great meet. Awesome-looking studio venue too! Would've liked to have been there - I was tempted to make travel plans but never got around to it. Kinda weird since I already took a leisure trip to Philly earlier this year (and I have another trip planned there too in a couple of months), so maybe the timing will work out next time.

Sep 13, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #21 of 27
Many thanks to Lee for hosting a great mini! 

I had a great time catching up with everyone and checking out gear. 
Comparing the F3 and my amp with the HD800 was fun. 
It was great to catch up with the SEX Amp again. 

Ooh, and many thanks for the photos!

Sep 13, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:
Ok so I have to ask, what's with the posed shots of Ari and the two other guys? Seems like there was more going on there.
wink.gif

Looks like it was a great meet. Awesome-looking studio venue too! Would've liked to have been there - I was tempted to make travel plans but never got around to it. Kinda weird since I already took a leisure trip to Philly earlier this year (and I have another trip planned there too in a couple of months), so maybe the timing will work out next time.

Yup...it was a lot more than your average headphone meet 
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #23 of 27
sorry i couldn't join in the festivities, but family duties won out. it looks like a really nice gathering. really nice pix too (well you are a pro after all) - great job, Lee!
nice to see a bunch of familiar faces and some unfamiliar ones too. what was the turn out like - about a dozen or so?

Quote:
A pair of Schiit Bifrost/Lyr combos were out as well, so we had fun frying eggs on them while simultaneously enjoying quality sound!

is that (bifrost) schiit really so hot?

Quote:
And the best part was that I still liked my balanced RWA Isabellina best of all! WooHoo...no need to go spend more $$$!

that is NOT the head-fi way! 
eek.gif
wink.gif

Quote:
 And Lee has the best playlist ever put on an iPad.

well apparently paul ryan would disagree..... 
tongue.gif

Sep 13, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:
sorry i couldn't join in the festivities, but family duties won out. it looks like a really nice gathering. really nice pix too (well you are a pro after all) - great job, Lee!
nice to see a bunch of familiar faces and some unfamiliar ones too. what was the turn out like - about a dozen or so?

is that (bifrost) schiit really so hot?

It probably was close to that number or maybe a little bit less. 

The Bifrost doesn't really get hot. It was the Lyr that was the culprit. One would expect a tube amp to get hot around the tubes but when I went to move the volume knob it was pretty warm which was surprising considering the location of the knob and the tubes. If I ever owned one I would need to buy one of those small desk fans to use on the Lyr. 

Sep 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #25 of 27
Dang, so wish I could of gone...oh well, there is always next time T___T

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #27 of 27
Thanks for the pictures from your meet. Great quality. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back