PHILADELPHIA area meet October 26th, 2013
Sep 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #108 of 240
Is anyone coming from NYC area?

I know that a few of those who have said they are coming hail from the NYC or North Jersey area...but not sure exactly where or whether that have carpool space.

Sep 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #110 of 240
  Is anyone coming from NYC area?

I'll be coming from CT across the Geo Washington Bridge.  Could probably take one or two riders if it's not too far out of my way.

Lee, I'll be bringing my Audeze LCD-2.1 (same ones I had two years ago at your meet), and some amplifier + probably the standalone Squeezebox Touch + DAC source.  Not sure which amp.  I've been fussing with vintage tube amps lately.  EICO HF-81 sounds surprisingly good directly into the LCD-2.1's on the 32-ohm tap, altho it's a bit too noisy at the moment.  Or I might bring the old MAD HD+ Super-II amp again, since that sounded surprisingly good with a variety of cans, even the LCD-2's which it should not be able to drive.

In addition to a contribution + maybe some appropriate beverages, is there anything else you'd like me to bring?

Frank

Sep 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #111 of 240

Wow!  what a nice venue for a meet. You guys are lucky in Philadelphia.  Almost want to book a plane ticket for it  
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #112 of 240
Alright, I will bring my Rockhopper Beta 22 > HiFiMAN HM-801 > HE-500s.

Simple, compact, sounds awesome!

Sep 15, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #113 of 240
I am absolutely interested in attending. I have a system that consists of a Vaio laptop with a Roland Quad-capture interface. I also have a Pioneer AVR with a Can Opener. I'll bring AKG K701, Pioneer SE-A1000, Creative CAL!, and Sony MDR-1R headphones. It's entirely possible that I'll add an item or two before the meet. Looking forward to attending my first Head-fi event.

Nice studio BTW.

Mark

Mark Henninger
www.imagicdigital.com
Newsbreaker - AVS Forum

Sep 15, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #114 of 240
I am absolutely interested in attending. I have a system that consists of a Vaio laptop with a Roland Quad-capture interface. I also have a Pioneer AVR with a Can Opener. I'll bring AKG K701, Pioneer SE-A1000, Creative CAL!, and Sony MDR-1R headphones. It's entirely possible that I'll add an item or two before the meet. Looking forward to attending my first Head-fi event.

Nice studio BTW.

Mark

Mark Henninger
www.imagicdigital.com
Newsbreaker - AVS Forum

I would love to try the can opener my vintage pioneer :)

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #115 of 240

Nice studio BTW.

Mark

Mark Henninger
www.imagicdigital.com
Newsbreaker - AVS Forum

Glad to have you Mark...I do added to the front page.

Lee, you're doing an awesome job, this looks like it'll be one hell of a meet!

/blushes

Alright, I will bring my Rockhopper Beta 22 > HiFiMAN HM-801 > HE-500s.

Simple, compact, sounds awesome!

w00t!

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #116 of 240
Folks...we are up to 33 setups, including vendors. We are capping it at 40 set-ups. After that, people are welcome to attend and listen and hang out, but 40 is the limit for set-ups (including vendors!) I'm going out to RMAF 2 weeks before the meet and will be strong-arming vendors while I'm there. I'm hoping to add 2-3 more.

So reserve your space ASAP!

Sep 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #117 of 240
HOLY CRAP!@!#!@# a HIFI MEET IN NORTHWALES WOOT, I live in hatfield so its really close, but sadly I have nothing to bring atm, but ill post again if I have anything by the time I come to the meet, I can bring some shoes so ppl can look if you want haha

Sep 18, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #119 of 240
  HOLY CRAP!@!#!@# a HIFI MEET IN NORTHWALES WOOT, I live in hatfield so its really close, but sadly I have nothing to bring atm, but ill post again if I have anything by the time I come to the meet, I can bring some shoes so ppl can look if you want haha

Just come listen and enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back