Philadelphia Are Meet 10/26 LeeSure Extravaganza
Oct 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #31 of 73
Those are the BEST meets. When you come away happy with what you have it tends to be a LOT less expensive!

PS, when you get tired of your CS1.6's, be sure to let me know! Thiel are among my favorites.

It's true, I was so happy when I came to that realization. I did realize that my current system isn't going to be my endgame system (like I thought it was), but at least my next step is relatively attainable.

Quote:
  Colin, thanks for turning me on to goat rodeo sessions.  Been rocking them for awhile today, and I'm still at work listening, because I don't want to take my headphones off 
beyersmile.png

It's an excellent album, isn't it?

If you have the chance, take a look at YoYo Ma's other cross-genre albums like the Silk Road Ensemble (Beyond the Horizon is my favorite), his work especially with these cross-genre and cross-culture pieces is incredible.

Sorry we couldn't be there--looks like a terrific meet!

(Spent the weekend working on Ragnarok and getting the new office set up.)

A Cintiq and a pair of Omens powered by a Ragnarok... 

Oct 28, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #32 of 73
That was an awesome meet. I feel so fancy being in the pictures :p

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!

edit: wow my hair was a terrible mess. 

Oct 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #33 of 73
  Thanks Jack and glad you liked it. I am bringing the same tubes to NY and George Lenz is attending the meet with some EML tubes for your 234's as well. Dead Ears has another opportunity to hear these on November 9th and I am looking forward to meeting you Frank as well.

That pair of 596's look really good!  
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #34 of 73

A Cintiq and a pair of Omens powered by a Ragnarok... 

The Omens are the "easy" load. We're still waiting for the Magnepans to be shipped, but for the moment I'm using my Eminent Technology LFT-VIs for the "tough" load. Really too tough--they're more Emotiva XPR territory. The Magnepan 1.7s should be right about at the limit of what Ragnarok can do.

Back on the subject, I'm glad Lee got the Vali, and sorry about no Ragnarok for the show. It's still undergoing teardowns and tweaking. 

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #37 of 73

The Omens are the "easy" load. We're still waiting for the Magnepans to be shipped, but for the moment I'm using my Eminent Technology LFT-VIs for the "tough" load. Really too tough--they're more Emotiva XPR territory. The Magnepan 1.7s should be right about at the limit of what Ragnarok can do.

Back on the subject, I'm glad Lee got the Vali, and sorry about no Ragnarok for the show. It's still undergoing teardowns and tweaking. 

Wow, another ET fan?!  I had some LFT3's in the day, Bruce's work is first rate.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #38 of 73
Man I am bummed I missed this meet. The two people that were supposed to go with me ended up having to work. I didn't know anyone else and felt a little shy about going and not knowing anyone and being a newbie to the whole headphone scene. I regret it know... I should have gone. Well I guess I will just have to be on the look out for the next east coast meet in NY. or Philly.

I was really looking forward to see how my DT990 250ohm sound with a Schiit Valhalla.

Oct 29, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #39 of 73
I had a chance to hear LCD-XC which had boomy bass on a Pink Floyd track and as usually heavy. I also heard ugly looking and heavy, but at least more comfortable than LCD-XC, Abyss which sounded great. I like how Alpha Dogs sounded from RWAK100 so for me they are suitable for portable use. I also tried HD800 with Alo AUdio cable on few setups including S.E.X. amp with speakers taps and I confirmed that I made the right choice buying HD800 as my end of the game headphones.

Anyone else share the boomy bass opinion? This would be unacceptable if true in a phone of this price :frowning2:

Oct 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #40 of 73
Man I am bummed I missed this meet. The two people that were supposed to go with me ended up having to work. I didn't know anyone else and felt a little shy about going and not knowing anyone and being a newbie to the whole headphone scene. I regret it know... I should have gone. Well I guess I will just have to be on the look out for the next east coast meet in NY. or Philly.

I was really looking forward to see how my DT990 250ohm sound with a Schiit Valhalla.

There's one in Queens NY on November 9th.

Oct 29, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #41 of 73
Anyone else share the boomy bass opinion? This would be unacceptable if true in a phone of this price :frowning2:

I did not find this to be the case.

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #44 of 73
Thanks Lee for having this again. This was my 4th meet and by far my favorite.

It was awesome talking to Lee, Frank I, dminches, TaoWolf51, Craigster75, etc..

I feel in love w/ the WA5 w/ hd800s and the he-6s. Should be placing a order for this around march-april.

The Glenn OTL sounded great as well. I wouldn't mind having one of these too for the price.

WA234 seemed to be the amp of the event which is understandable. Although I didn't care much for the Abyss w/ it the hd800s shinned very well on it.

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #45 of 73

It was essentially a bunch of us awkwardly walking around making some awkward conversation and touching really expensive things - so yeah it was pretty awesome! Definitely come next year! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back