Petition to AKG to add removable cable to the K551 or next version.
Sep 4, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #16 of 42
Quote:
come on, AKG 
I know you want to attract newbies by adding a remote control

but serious, k550 is not for portable use,  i don't think newbies would love a pair of 300 gram cans that cannot deliver good bass

Pssh. People walk around with Beats Studios on their head(or as neck jewellery), I'm sure people would use K551s if they had a portable cable bundled with them.

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #22 of 42
A detachable cable is very important to the longevity of a pair of headphones. When I see a detachable cable, I know the manufacturer really thinks those headphones will last a long long time. 

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #23 of 42
Quote:
ok, two people voted NO.  Would those peeps please let us know why?

Show yourselves, swine!  Hide not behind thy nay votes so that we may have at thee! 
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #24 of 42
Quote:
A detachable cable is very important to the longevity of a pair of headphones. When I see a detachable cable, I know the manufacturer really thinks those headphones will last a long long time. 

I couldn't agree more. Well said. Please spread the word. AKG needs to take this issue into consideration! 

Sep 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #27 of 42
Quote:
I couldn't agree more. Well said. Please spread the word. AKG needs to take this issue into consideration! 

Even my freakin' K240 has a detachable cable and that's less than $80.

Quote:
EDIT: I just noticed that you're like 30 mins away from me hifiguy :)

blink.gif
  Hmm, creepy much?

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #29 of 42
Quote:
How about a ~1ft pigtail like on the Sennheiser Amperior and Philips Fidelio L1?
That is maybe less strain on the jack at the cup in the long term.

No!!!!

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

Holy crap, did you just use four exclamation marks?  I have NEVER seen you do that before.  Guessing you don't like pigtails then. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back