Petition for a "Video Games Lounge" subforum. - IT'S LIVE
Feb 27, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #226 of 352
Sorry about that, I just dislike MW3 a lot. It's worse than Black Ops and MW2. How can that be? I love MW2 and Black Ops but hate MW3.

I still play Black Ops a lot and BF3 is my go to FPS game on consoles. I also play Killzone 3 and GOW3 quite a bit. I love Gears 3 but have not beaten it yet...

All I play on my PC is BF2 and CounterStrike:Source. Oh and some Half-Life 1 mods like "They Hunger".

Quote:
WOAH... strong words, as far as I see it when COD came to xbox with COD2 I enjoyed it with the basics, and the the 3rd came out, ruined it.. COD 4 then sort of revolutionized the FPS shooter genre and set the standard and they came up short on COD WaW (kids would disagree because of Zombies) but it was pretty gay, and then the switch back in developers made MW2 which fell just a bit short of COD 4 and well ahead of the 5th. And then there was Black Ops, good campaign iffy multiplayer real sketch when it comes to networking, but still better than #3 & WaW. And now it is MW3 which is just the same and a combination of all things previously used. I have seen sections of the campaign which I have seen reused buildings from maps on COD 2 and 3 and 4 and WaW and MW2 and Black Ops. MW3 is like they said, "Oh hey you know we can make this game better, faster and more reliable, but we dont want to spend a lot of money..."

I had BF2 and it was just a mess, fun just targeting was awful they had a good idea but it was not carried out and executed well, and then I tried the BF3 beta and I was stuck under the map everywhere and I just never got into it, I might buy it when it drops below 30$ on Amazon. But I liked BF2 better because you can blow up stuff but it wasnt as cheeseball as Mercenaries.

But for my money Halo and Gears of War and Call of Duty will have my undying attention, which is ironic I havent played in over a month, damn work 
mad.gif

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #227 of 352
Black Ops was by far the worst of the series, IMO. Excluding 3 because that's obviously the worst. My favorite is still COD 2, followed by 4, followed by 1. 

Quote:
Sorry about that, I just dislike MW3 a lot. It's worse than Black Ops and MW2. How can that be? I love MW2 and Black Ops but hate MW3.

I still play Black Ops a lot and BF3 is my go to FPS game on consoles. I also play Killzone 3 and GOW3 quite a bit. I love Gears 3 but have not beaten it yet...

All I play on my PC is BF2 and CounterStrike:Source. Oh and some Half-Life 1 mods like "They Hunger".

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #228 of 352
The game on the hardest difficulty is impossible to beat, had to go online co-op lol so many headaches.

And no prob to each is own and I just think everyone has their niche and nobody means to offend anyone I got no beef with anyone

Well I think the large unpopularity was due to the laziness of Activision, they try to be like Treyarch and vise versa... you probably just like the feel that Treyarch put on the game as I like Activision.
Quote:

3 was sooooo bad haha, 2 was good but still WW2 and if that your thing I think COD 2 was the best WW2 era FPS. COD 4 and MW2 take the gold.

And I never played Big Red One, its available on the Arcade but eh, I liked starting at 2
Quote:
Black Ops was by far the worst of the series, IMO. Excluding 3 because that's obviously the worst. My favorite is still COD 2, followed by 4, followed by 1. 

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #229 of 352
I'd say second best. Red Orchestra (as a series) takes the cake. Fantasticly real games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinzemaitis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

3 was sooooo bad haha, 2 was good but still WW2 and if that your thing I think COD 2 was the best WW2 era FPS. COD 4 and MW2 take the gold.

And I never played Big Red One, its available on the Arcade but eh, I liked starting at 2

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #232 of 352
You're kidding, right? BLOPS has the best maps outside of 4. MW3 has the worst maps ever designed, and MW2 was just killstreak warfare that ruined the gameplay.

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #233 of 352
No. I'm not. Black Ops is the one and only game I ever uninstalled because I disliked it so much. The guns were boring, and the maps were awful. Those were the 2 problems I had with it. MW3s maps are bad, but not unplayable. MW 2 had excellent maps, but there were a few shortcomings that made the game not as good as 4.

Quote:
You're kidding, right? BLOPS has the best maps outside of 4. MW3 has the worst maps ever designed, and MW2 was just killstreak warfare that ruined the gameplay.

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #234 of 352
That's something we can disagree with entirely then. The guns were fine, just Treyarch's games have a hit lag in comparison to IW's games, so it takes getting used to. The maps were the proper size and not messy like MW3s. No MW2 or MW3 map compares to Firing Range, Summit, and of course, Nuketown.

MW3 is entirely unplayable for me. The cluster**** that they call maps, the wildly unabalanced weapons, just make it the worst CoD since 3. MW2 had the gameplay, but the perks and streaks ruined that whole experience for me.

IW needs to understand that sometimes "LESS IS MORE". That is their problem.

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #235 of 352

Quote:
I had BF2 and it was just a mess, fun just targeting was awful they had a good idea but it was not carried out and executed well, and then I tried the BF3 beta and I was stuck under the map everywhere and I just never got into it, I might buy it when it drops below 30$ on Amazon. But I liked BF2 better because you can blow up stuff but it wasnt as cheeseball as Mercenaries.

You're not confusing the real Battlefield 2 (PC only) with Battlefield: Bad Company 2, are you? BF2 doesn't let you blow up buildings the way BF:BC2 does, and I'd compare the latter's destruction to Mercenaries for sure.

For that matter, I still think BF2 is a far better game. More balanced due to the stock kits not totally sucking (well, except for the Support class LMG, but he does have ammo packs that everyone else can use) and no overemphasis on unlocks like Battlefield 2142 onward. Damn shame, too, since BF2142 could have been really good if they didn't make you unlock everything.

On the flip side, Battlefield 1942 did have the best vehicular combat, probably because of the slower pace and less-advanced tech on WWII-era vehicles. I just wish that could be combined with Battlefield 2's infantry combat, and no, Battlefield 1943 is NOT the answer, not by a long shot.

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #236 of 352
My fave Battlefield was Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. If it wasn't for that game, I would have never tried FPS games. It literally started it all for me. My 2nd FPS game was CoD4... so I lucked out. :)

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #238 of 352
I'm more a RPG and RTS man, not into shoters and def not into car/race games. maybe some sport ones like the PES series, but generally I get bored of shoters too soon.

I'm a big RTS fan myself. Do you like the Dawn of War series? Those are far and away my favorites. I love 40k.

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #239 of 352

Quote:
I'm a big RTS fan myself. Do you like the Dawn of War series? Those are far and away my favorites. I love 40k.

played the first  one, mostly because my brother was telling me how good it was and loved it. but my favorite is still star craft. did you ever played the "Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2" I like dthat one for 'quickies' it was enjoyable

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #240 of 352
The Red Alert series is another favorite. The main C&C series never wowed me. 

You should try the DoW sequel. Dawn of War II is absolutely amazing. Story mode is great, and if you like it enough there's 2 great expansions as well. You've got Last Stand mode and the standard multiplayer. There's just a ton of content packed in there.

Quote:
played the first  one, mostly because my brother was telling me how good it was and loved it. but my favorite is still star craft. did you ever played the "Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2" I like dthat one for 'quickies' it was enjoyable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back