Petition for a "Video Games Lounge" subforum. - IT'S LIVE
Feb 26, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #211 of 352
I don't know what's going on with Damnation.

Revelations was not a prequel at all. It didn't even set-up RE6 at all. In the end we have more questions than answers. If Revelations is set before RE5, then why is this new Virus not being used? You figure the Virus must have gotten to the black market or something.

Also Sherry is (supposedly) in RE6, as claimed by IGN's source. They leaked RE6 info early and it was accurate.

Welp, whats' going on with Damnation? I heard Revelations was a prequel to that which was in turn a prequel to RE6. It seems like they're trying to add depth to the story from more than one angle kinda like how hey started to with Wesker's Report but they never truly followed through with it. There's also the matter of Sherry who was supposed to be in RE5 but that never manifested itself. That to me was kinda a major detail they stuffed under the carpet. It was such a brief, yet prominent point made in Wesker's Report. 

Well that's opposite of my online experience. On the Xbox all I hear is kids screaming and asking which weapon is the best. On PS3 I haven't heard many little kids and they weren't so bad.

Too bad I couldn't like the mess that MW3 is. I just can't stand the game at all, so I've been playing Black Ops. Every years it's the same garbage, just being regurgitated over and over. I want the COD games to die off.

Moreover Battlefield 3 has taken over my PS3 entirely. It's a darned good game for sure and stomps all the COD games in my opinion. 

Quote:
Well in my honest opinion take the same game, say MW3, which I have played extensively on PS3; that I dont own and Xbox 360; which there are two in my house... are totally different. The Xbox has a larger social integration and better overall networking and interface, so when you factor in all of that the way you experience the game changes, especially when you have a better controller I feel the Xbox takes the gold. And my favorite game series are on Xbox, Gears of War and Halo. I feel PS3 just doesnt have the good FPS titles beside it.

And typically what I see on Xbox is there are a lot of college kids and people around that age who are fun, and on PS3 everytime I play I end up getting a lobby of little kids who dont even know how to trash talk or play and end up asking everyone to quickscope and scream and cry like babies.

Playstation and Sony just cant beat Microsoft who make the better package. Just like PS1 and PS2 which I have they are ancient when compared to the original Xbox, which created online console multiplayer

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #212 of 352

Quote:
Jet Set Radio for PSN/XBL very soon. I r very excite.
And I'm strictly console gamer. Always have been, always will. Screw K&M. Games are meant to be played with a controller, IMHO. The social aspect is almost much better on consoles.
I tried Steam and whatnot. Not my thing... at all.

I think you may have had a bad experience here.  I've had some terrible experiences social-wise on the 360 and on PC, neither one has a 100% perfect community.  What I like on PC is that I have more options and more control over my experience.  For example, Left 4 Dead 2 is a game I hardly play but I have never once had any cheaters ruin a game for me on PC and I know that I won't in the future either.  Reason for that is I play on a server that a friend of mine runs and anyone who is cheating or generally being a complete dick gets banned in record time.  I've gravitated more towards preferring PC gaming lately but I still enjoy gaming on the consoles too.  I never truly got used to playing FPS with a controller though, mouse feels so much more natural to me for aiming.

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #213 of 352
Zombie_x, how does RE: Operation Racoon City look to you?  Worth getting?

I love RE games (and survival horror in general), and RE:ORC looks like it could be pretty fun...

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #214 of 352
I say meh..

To me it looks crappy and it's not a true RE game. 

Quote:
Zombie_x, how does RE: Operation Racoon City look to you?  Worth getting?

I love RE games (and survival horror in general), and RE:ORC looks like it could be pretty fun...

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #215 of 352

Quote:
I say meh..

To me it looks crappy and it's not a true RE game. 

now replace RE with any "survival horror" game that's come out in the last six years.

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #216 of 352
Generally, I've found ultra-realistic FPSs like OFP/ArmA to be far more terrifying than your typical "survival horror" game.

It's mostly because you could be walking along to your next destination without a care in the world, thinking you're home free, no signs of enemy activity...and then you drop dead, unfortunate enough to get noticed by a sniper you couldn't hope to see (especially since the all-seeing AI doesn't have the visibility problems you do). It's a perfect recipe for paranoia fuel.

What makes matters worse is that one bullet is generally enough to kill you, and you never know where that bullet might be coming from.

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #217 of 352

Quote:
now replace RE with any "survival horror" game that's come out in the last six years.

Quote:
Generally, I've found ultra-realistic FPSs like OFP/ArmA to be far more terrifying than your typical "survival horror" game.

It's mostly because you could be walking along to your next destination without a care in the world, thinking you're home free, no signs of enemy activity...and then you drop dead, unfortunate enough to get noticed by a sniper you couldn't hope to see (especially since the all-seeing AI doesn't have the visibility problems you do). It's a perfect recipe for paranoia fuel.

What makes matters worse is that one bullet is generally enough to kill you, and you never know where that bullet might be coming from.

the silent hill games are probably the best survival horror games that came out in the last six years that's if you don't include the wii resident evil remakes..i think the fear games are about the best new ones ..i know they are not really survival horror but they are horror games condenmed criminal origins and the darkness games and crysis 1 and 2 were quite good aswell..

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #218 of 352
Red Orchestra. There are some times when I jump. It's quiet and then you hear a bang. Drop dead a second later. Scary indeed.

Quote:

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #221 of 352

Quote:

the silent hill games are probably the best survival horror games that came out in the last six years that's if you don't include the wii resident evil remakes..i think the fear games are about the best new ones ..i know they are not really survival horror but they are horror games condenmed criminal origins and the darkness games and crysis 1 and 2 were quite good aswell..

Meh, Silent Hill isn't what it used to be. Homecoming was all action and while I haven't played Shattered Memories, it just doesn't seem like my flavor. Same with Amnesia. That game had fantastic atmosphere but I like the feeling of helplessness build up as I play the game. I don't like being pitted with it from the get go.

As far as FPS games go, I'm not a huge FPS fan but Crysis was amazing. Same with Warhead. I still need to get around to buying Crysis 2 but the first and WH were rather good. Aside from Half-Life, I don't think FPS games should be all that linear. 

Feb 27, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #222 of 352

Quote:

AFter the room they all turned into the Musclebound main guy beating things to death with his bare hands. It's hard to be scared when your a walking wall of death.

Feb 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #223 of 352

Quote:

I've heard lots of excellent things about Silent Hill 2 and some of the other early games, especially in that they apparently scare you through the generally freaky atmosphere of the whole place.

Don't own the rest save for Crysis 1, but that game never scared me. However, I do think that while the multiplayer was promising, it really needed revised suit modes. That, and Power Struggle shouldn't have done the points/promotion system; it really punishes people who join mid-game.

Speaking of survival horror games, though, I do remember that I own the Penumbra trilogy by Frictional Games (who went on to develop Amnesia: The Dark Descent). I should get started on that...

Quote:
Red Orchestra. There are some times when I jump. It's quiet and then you hear a bang. Drop dead a second later. Scary indeed.

That too. I don't own any of the Red Orchestra games, but thought about getting RO1 standalone if it's indeed incompatible multiplayer-wise with the UT 2004 mod version. Then again, maybe the fanbase already moved over to RO2 by now...

Feb 27, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #224 of 352
I'd get RO2. You get some actual single player.

Quote:

I've heard lots of excellent things about Silent Hill 2 and some of the other early games, especially in that they apparently scare you through the generally freaky atmosphere of the whole place.

Don't own the rest save for Crysis 1, but that game never scared me. However, I do think that while the multiplayer was promising, it really needed revised suit modes. That, and Power Struggle shouldn't have done the points/promotion system; it really punishes people who join mid-game.

Speaking of survival horror games, though, I do remember that I own the Penumbra trilogy by Frictional Games (who went on to develop Amnesia: The Dark Descent). I should get started on that...

That too. I don't own any of the Red Orchestra games, but thought about getting RO1 standalone if it's indeed incompatible multiplayer-wise with the UT 2004 mod version. Then again, maybe the fanbase already moved over to RO2 by now...

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #225 of 352
WOAH... strong words, as far as I see it when COD came to xbox with COD2 I enjoyed it with the basics, and the the 3rd came out, ruined it.. COD 4 then sort of revolutionized the FPS shooter genre and set the standard and they came up short on COD WaW (kids would disagree because of Zombies) but it was pretty gay, and then the switch back in developers made MW2 which fell just a bit short of COD 4 and well ahead of the 5th. And then there was Black Ops, good campaign iffy multiplayer real sketch when it comes to networking, but still better than #3 & WaW. And now it is MW3 which is just the same and a combination of all things previously used. I have seen sections of the campaign which I have seen reused buildings from maps on COD 2 and 3 and 4 and WaW and MW2 and Black Ops. MW3 is like they said, "Oh hey you know we can make this game better, faster and more reliable, but we dont want to spend a lot of money..."

I had BF2 and it was just a mess, fun just targeting was awful they had a good idea but it was not carried out and executed well, and then I tried the BF3 beta and I was stuck under the map everywhere and I just never got into it, I might buy it when it drops below 30$ on Amazon. But I liked BF2 better because you can blow up stuff but it wasnt as cheeseball as Mercenaries.

But for my money Halo and Gears of War and Call of Duty will have my undying attention, which is ironic I havent played in over a month, damn work 
mad.gif

Quote:
Well that's opposite of my online experience. On the Xbox all I hear is kids screaming and asking which weapon is the best. On PS3 I haven't heard many little kids and they weren't so bad.

Too bad I couldn't like the mess that MW3 is. I just can't stand the game at all, so I've been playing Black Ops. Every years it's the same garbage, just being regurgitated over and over. I want the COD games to die off.

Moreover Battlefield 3 has taken over my PS3 entirely. It's a darned good game for sure and stomps all the COD games in my opinion. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back