Petition for a "Gaming" device from FiiO
Jan 18, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #76 of 90
  Been reading and following the recommendations posted on head-fi for ~10 years now.  Went to vote for backing / buying the type of product chicolom outlined and realized I've never registered.
popcorn.gif

I think you may qualify as a "lurker."  
tongue.gif

Jan 21, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #78 of 90
  I want this device. So I hope that my 5.1 analog jack headset will work too.

To be honest I think this device would mainly be for stereo analogue headphones.  Hence why we are pushing virtual surround dsps.  Also considering that we want high quality components in the device to get the most of high quality audiophile headphones, a 5.1 headsets cheap drivers and inferior sound would not really make sense.

I don't mean to be abrupt or rude, just that's the way it is.

lol ever think of switching to an entry level pair of decent headphones ? (psst... come over to the dark side... lol :p)

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #79 of 90
There's just one problem. After using my 5.1 headset I can't go back to stereo or virtual surround sound headsets. Most people tell me that 5.1 headsets suck. But I can hear the difference between a 5.1 headset with 8 speakers and a virtual surround sound headset with just two speakers.

Sorry there's no way for me to go back.

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #80 of 90
  There's just one problem. After using my 5.1 headset I can't go back to stereo or virtual surround sound headsets. Most people tell me that 5.1 headsets suck. But I can hear the difference between a 5.1 headset with 8 speakers and a virtual surround sound headset with just two speakers.

Sorry there's no way for me to go back.

Hey, that's a valid opinion. I'm going to respectfully disagree with you there but if you find the 5.1 headsets better than DSP I'm not going to say you're wrong. For me 5.1 headsets just can't reproduce the quality of sound that a nice high end stereo headphone with DH or THX TS can. I'll agree that the 5.1 headsets can have decent positioning if done properly, but instead of a nice big 40-70mm driver on each ear giving full dynamic range you're using tiny drivers and limiting your response. It's almost like listening to a 3-way speaker and turning off everything but the tweeter. Sure it can reproduce some of the lower frequencies but it certainly won't do it as well as a nice big 50mm will.

I want FiiO to make a product that I can use with the likes of HD800, HE-560, Alpha Dogs, K712, etc...

Jan 21, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #81 of 90
  I want this device. So I hope that my 5.1 analog jack headset will work too.

RedHarlow, this device would be of no interest to multi-driver headset users as, by design,  it's incompatible with them (both by its stereo ouput stages and by its method of delivering surround sound - via DSP).  From the start, the whole goal for this device was to focus support on audiophile stereo headphones.  Providing additional support for multi-driver headsets is entirely beyond the scope of this device's goals and the reason for this petition. 

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #84 of 90
I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat. This market is begging for an audiophile gaming amp. A Fiio device would clean up.

Currently, the selection of gaming amps to choose from is pitiful. If you're a console owner wanting chat support, it's either a Mixamp or a Recon3D. All options considered, it's a case of picking the best of a bad bunch. I'm tired of holding my nose.

Come on, Fiio. Do this. The time is ripe for an alternative. :wink:

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #88 of 90
  So has is there a response from Fiio?

Yeah, they responded, but they said they were busy working on some other products.

They might need to be reminded in a while that we're still interested though...

Mar 14, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #90 of 90
Sorry I have to lock this thread because we have not enough resource to develop so many project, also this kinds of products need the licence of Dolby and DTS.  Maybe we can consider this in the future.

Anyway, thanks for everyone who join this thread we known you guys try to help FiiO to make the right decision.

James

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back