PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread
Feb 4, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #93 of 551
  Peterek killed this pair of headphones. Amazing cable and paint job.

Brilliant! I love that maroon color. Seeing that reminded me of the first time I saw the powder-coating on my T5p's. I told @PETEREK to "surprise me" and he definitely did not disappoint! 

- InsanityOne 
beyersmile.png

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #94 of 551
hehehe I'll brag a little on @PETEREK

@PETEREK First off, I want to commend you on your awesome mods. I was curious what 2.5 MM mount you are using for the detachable cable mod shown above. I have found similar looking mounts with nickel plating and was curious if that's what you are using or if you have found a better source.

By the way this is my first post as a user. Thanks to all those who have built this community into what it is.

Feb 10, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #95 of 551
@PETEREK First off, I want to commend you on your awesome mods. I was curious what 2.5 MM mount you are using for the detachable cable mod shown above. I have found similar looking mounts with nickel plating and was curious if that's what you are using or if you have found a better source.

By the way this is my first post as a user. Thanks to all those who have built this community into what it is.

Welcome to Head-Fi!

I think you may be referring to this post from oleWhiskey: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779584/peterek-formerly-ccaspertfg-mod-cable-thread/60#post_12272049, not Mshenay's.

Feb 10, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #96 of 551

The Peterek cable mod was done with extended 2.5mm the Eidolic 2.5 mono plugs. They will work with any HIFIMAN that has the 2.5mm connection!

Feb 10, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #97 of 551
The Peterek cable mod was done with extended 2.5mm the Eidolic 2.5 mono plugs. They will work with any HIFIMAN that has the 2.5mm connection!

Looks good, too! 
beerchug.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #99 of 551

Welcome to Head-Fi!

I think you may be referring to this post from oleWhiskey: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779584/peterek-formerly-ccaspertfg-mod-cable-thread/60#post_12272049, not Mshenay's.

(facepalm) You are correct. I shouldn't have posted based on a quote on mobile... leads to mistakes like this. @oleWhiskey I am curious why you chose the extended over non extended. Simply asthetics?

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #100 of 551
Peterek is awesome! he is actually doing a new pair of X00's for me since I sold those pair and immediately had sellers remorse lol

The TH-X00 is truly a special headphone, modded like @PETEREK has done is simply another level!

Currently listening to some Lewi White - Feat. Ed Sheeran et al.'s single "Young Guns" on the QP1R - whew...amazing.

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #102 of 551
  (facepalm) You are correct. I shouldn't have posted based on a quote on mobile... leads to mistakes like this. @oleWhiskey I am curious why you chose the extended over non extended. Simply asthetics?

No worries.  In the post that oleWhiskey wrote, he explains (answers your question):

"Oh man! I am super stoked about these. I requested for the extended 2.5mm connection to use these cables on my 400i and other dual 2.5 connection headphones. They turned out perfect! I should be getting them Saturday. @Peterek I may be sending you some Grado's soon."

Here's a pic of the 400i for reference:

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #103 of 551
to use the cable with the Hifiman he-400i's that has the 2.5mm connection. they are imbedded deeper in the cans so the extended gives me space to wiggle without rubbing up against the frame

Too fast!  Sorry for the post over.  The plugs really make the whole headphone "pop" - love the gold color!

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #104 of 551
Been waiting a couple of weeks for peterek. He told me I'm one of his next projects in line. Yuin pk1's, recable with cryo cable and color changing paint. It should be amazing. 

Feb 23, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #105 of 551
I recently commissioned Peterek for an IEM cable (terminated to a HFM/LHLabs 3.5mm-TRRS plug) and slim-line adapter (3.5mm-TRRS to 3.5mm-TRS).  Suffice to say, it looks terrific.  Communication with PETEREK was nothing short of exemplary.. and he was very accommodating with my requests.  I'm looking forward to receiving and using the cable/adapter soon. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back