PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread
Feb 24, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #106 of 551
Gotta love peterek. I send him my hd800's to try.. Next thing I know hes buying them off me and trying different paint techniques. He didn't like how they turned out and going to repaint them. 

Feb 24, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #107 of 551
  Gotta love peterek. I send him my hd800's to try.. Next thing I know hes buying them off me and trying different paint techniques. He didn't like how they turned out and going to repaint them. 

I rather like it actually! That "washed" look on the headband looks pretty sweet! I'd definitely wear them! 

- InsanityOne 
darthsmile.gif

Feb 25, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #109 of 551
Just need a 90's Jean Jacket to go with it.
biggrin.gif
only kidding, actually looks cool

Denim jacket and a pair of HD800's connected to a Sony Walkman? I'd wear it in public.

- InsanityOne 
tongue.gif

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #111 of 551
Received my 2.5 mm balanced cable from Peterek for my 64 Audio A6. It is beautifully made, and a noticeable improvement over stock. I won't claim it is revolutionary or alters the A6's basic character, but definitely brings out the mid-bass without bleed, adds a bit of top end sparkle, and separation / instrument placement and soundstage are perceptibly better. Initially I felt the mids were a bit more recessed but after further listening concluded that they are just assuming their rightful place in the frequency spectrum, in contrast to previously lesser top end sparkle with stock cable. I am running single ended using adapters Peterek also made, and am really looking forward to running these beauties balanced when I purchase the source DAP (deciding between Onkyo DP-X1 and the Luxury & Precision L3).

Conclusion: Huge shout out and respect to Peterek. He delivered a gorgeous, well-made and great sounding cable on time and in budget, accomodated my request for a silver / copper hybrid, and I couldn't be happier with his work. And yes, I know, photos or it didn't happen:

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #112 of 551
I'm pretty much sold.  I contacted Peter for a TH-X00 2.5mm detachable cable mod like a lot of you guys.  So for replacement cables, are you guys shopping for HD700 cables?

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #113 of 551
I'm pretty much sold.  I contacted Peter for a TH-X00 2.5mm detachable cable mod like a lot of you guys.  So for replacement cables, are you guys shopping for HD700 cables?

I had a few upgrade cables already which I used with my Audezes, so I had an adaptor made to be able to use them with the TH-X00 instead. Didn't see the point of having so many cables.

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #115 of 551
What's the normal turnaround time for his work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back