PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread
Dec 21, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #31 of 551
  Soon to add to the pictures will be:
- a repainted DX1000  with balanced mod in China Red cups and black gloss headband parts
- Pioneer HRM-7 in candy orange with a balanced mod.

Who knows what is next!!! after that. 

Oh you devil you! Nice, you snagged that DX 1000 for a low price then had it re painted an recabled, very nice 

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #32 of 551
  Oh you devil you! Nice, you snagged that DX 1000 for a low price then had it re painted an recabled, very nice 

wink.gif

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #34 of 551
Say hello to one of PETEREK's new creations!

Commissioned these from him back in mid November and just received them today. They sound absolutely fantastic and I plan on using them as a closed-back work headphone. Peterek was incredibly professional, communicative, and willing to work with me to include the best specs at a fair price point (including the awesome paint job!). Happy to call myself the owner of these babies :D

Jan 11, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #35 of 551
  Say hello to one of PETEREK's new creations!

Commissioned these from him back in mid November and just received them today. They sound absolutely fantastic and I plan on using them as a closed-back work headphone. Peterek was incredibly professional, communicative, and willing to work with me to include the best specs at a fair price point (including the awesome paint job!). Happy to call myself the owner of these babies :D

Very nice! Hows the sound 

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #36 of 551
They sound friggin' amazing. Compared to my Hifiman HE-500 they're a slightly bassier and a touch sibilant only at extreme volumes. They are only getting better the longer I listen to them.

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #37 of 551
  They sound friggin' amazing. Compared to my Hifiman HE-500 they're a slightly bassier and a touch sibilant only at extreme volumes. They are only getting better the longer I listen to them.

If sibilance ever becomes an issue, place a piece of felt inside the pads covering the driver and then give it another listen. Mr. Speakers offers "Doggie Treats" which are basically that, just felt that you can place over the front of the drivers to tame the highs that these drivers can have at times. The only way to really tame them is from the front (ear-side) of the driver. Some people are more sensitive to treble than others are. Give that a shot if it becomes an issue.

beerchug.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #39 of 551
Is that a bass port drilled on the top?

There are actually two ports up there, one on each side. I cover the original vent on the front of the cups. With the pressure inside the cups going out the top instead of straight out the front it brings a much more natural bass presence and it extends a little deeper.

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #40 of 551
Brandon modded my TH-X00, and apparently this is the only dual 3.5mm-modded TH series headphone he's worked on to date 
tongue.gif
 He's also added a mini-XLR adaptor for me to use with my upgrade cables. And finally, he reterminated the stock cable with dual 3.5mm.

Awesome work, seriously considering sending my first generation T1 to be modded as well.

Jan 14, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #41 of 551
  Brandon modded my TH-X00, and apparently this is the only dual 3.5mm-modded TH series headphone he's worked on to date 
tongue.gif
 He's also added a mini-XLR adaptor for me to use with my upgrade cables. And finally, he reterminated the stock cable with dual 3.5mm.

Awesome work, seriously considering sending my first generation T1 to be modded as well.

Ooh that is awesome! I really like the dual 3.5mm idea versus the dual Hifiman SMC connectors. The 3.5mm connectors would definitely be a lot less hassle. I also really like the look of those 3.5mm to mini-xlr  hypershort adapters. Another great mod by @PETEREK!

- InsanityOne 
darthsmile.gif

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #42 of 551
  If sibilance ever becomes an issue, place a piece of felt inside the pads covering the driver and then give it another listen. Mr. Speakers offers "Doggie Treats" which are basically that, just felt that you can place over the front of the drivers to tame the highs that these drivers can have at times. The only way to really tame them is from the front (ear-side) of the driver. Some people are more sensitive to treble than others are. Give that a shot if it becomes an issue.

beerchug.gif

Sounds very similar to the fairly common (and effective) solution of adding foam shelf lining inside the Fostex TH-900 to tame the highs. Works wonders. 

Jan 14, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #43 of 551
I am going to send my X00 to @Peterek and have him use the stock cable to attach 2.5mm. This way I can use the cable for my new 400i's with the new input and for the X00. Just have to get him to send me a new PayPal request with his address

Users who are viewing this thread

Back