PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread
Oct 26, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #16 of 551
Just wanted to share with everyone what an amazing job PETEREK did on my custom T50rp headphones. Starting with a custom high gloss paint job with contrasting Fostex logos. He then added Lohb leather headband and glossy powder coated sliders and finished off the look with Shure alcantara earpads. The cable is PETEREK's custom litz cable terminated with ALO balanced pin. Overall, the build quality is excellent and exceeded all of my expectations. The pics below are amazing as he is well accomplished photographer, but they do not show how truly beautiful these headphones are. I own quite a few nice headphones and I love the look of my PETEREK more than any other headphone, they really are that nice! Having ample time to listen to these headphones I can say with no reservation that these are truly high fidelity with some of the best tuning possible. The timbre is very natural and there is a very addictive quality about the sound that makes all types of music shine. They sound great out of my Theorem 720, I can just listen to music and forget about everything else. Isn't that what the whole headphone experience is about?

Much thanks to B. PETEREK for making me such a wonderful headphone. Hopefully, he will continue to offer this service as I am already planning my next order. Great, great guy and most outstanding customer service!

Mmm, yes! Those T50-RP's are looking great! Definitely need some more @PETEREK love up in here! Spread the word friends!

- InsanityOne 
k701smile.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #17 of 551
I've been a long time customer of Casper/Peterek. Every idea I've wanted he done even if he didn't quite understand why I wanted it. That is what I love about his service. 

Here are some of the projects hes done over the years for me.

Ad700 Drivers, sennheiser 31 headset, grado 80 pad and sennheiser 600 headband.

Beyerdynamic t70p (modded)

Beyerdynamic 990's
- Custom Grill
- Remove DT 990 Pro white text
- 8 cable custom mogami cable
- Awesome gray custom paint

And super Custom MS2000
-Takstar 2050 headphones
-Hm5 headphone pads
-Custom Grill
-Custom blue paint.
-Audio Technica ad2000 cable, then converted to a completely custom detachable XLR cable
-Audio Technica Ad2000 driver transplant.

Nov 22, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #19 of 551
Casper re-terminated an IEM cable for me. A small job probably not worth his time, but he went above and beyond with his service and even replaced all the heat shrink on the cable so it would all match in color. Thank you

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #20 of 551
I wanted to show my appreciation for the work @PETEREK did on my TH-X00. Pictured you will see the detachable mod using HMC connectors, stock cable re-terminated, and a custom adapter so that I may use my Boompro for gaming.

Detachable mod:

Boompro adapter:

Dec 14, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #21 of 551
  I wanted to show my appreciation for the work @PETEREK did on my TH-X00. Pictured you will see the detachable mod using HMC connectors, stock cable re-terminated, and a custom adapter so that I may use my Boompro for gaming.

Boompro adapter:

Mmm, Fostex mods are just the best! And it is even on the brand new TH-X00's! Another great mod by @PETEREK!

- InsanityOne 
darthsmile.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #23 of 551
  What is the cost of the TH-X00 Mod, with and without the boom pro adaptor?

Going by what it cost me when I had the mod completed on my TH-600's I would say that if you already have your own Hifiman cables and do not need to have the stock Fostex cable re-terminated, the connector mod will only cost you around $70 plus shipping fees. If you want the connector mod completed and the stock Fostex cable re-terminated to work with the new connectors (which is what I did) it will cost you around $100 plus shipping fees. 

It wouldn't hurt to just PM @PETEREK though to confirm the price. He is always open to questions and has a very quick response time!

- InsanityOne 
o2smile.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #24 of 551
PETEREK is the $h1t...I use him for all of my cabling on my builds...

I want removables on my next build (Magnum V6 drivers, Black Limba and Maple cups). I am worried about how big mini-XLR plugs are. The SNC ones look a lot slimmer...might chase that up with him.

Mmm, Fostex mods are just the best! And it is even on the brand new TH-X00's! Another great mod by @PETEREK!

- InsanityOne 
darthsmile.gif

Nice to see this thread blowing up! Even better to see he's getting slammed with work ^^ I'll upload some pics my self later, he's done... 2 of my headphones so far an he will be doing my Th X000 as well! 

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #26 of 551
  WAIT till You See What He has coming for me! 

beyersmile.png

Oh boy I can't wait! I love seeing all the creative ideas and collaborations from everyone! I may or may not having something really cool in the works with him as well!

- InsanityOne 
k701smile.gif

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #27 of 551
Soon to add to the pictures will be:
- a repainted DX1000  with balanced mod in China Red cups and black gloss headband parts
- Pioneer HRM-7 in candy orange with a balanced mod.

Who knows what is next!!! after that. 

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #28 of 551
Peterek sent me a paypal request last week  but i have yet to send the payment out or the th-x00.    I think I am going to wait a month or two before sending them out.   I would miss them way to much right now lol

Dec 20, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #29 of 551
  Soon to add to the pictures will be:
- a repainted DX1000  with balanced mod in China Red cups and black gloss headband parts
- Pioneer HRM-7 in candy orange with a balanced mod.

Who knows what is next!!! after that. 

Can't wait to see those pics.!

Peterek sent me a paypal request last week  but i have yet to send the payment out or the th-x00.    I think I am going to wait a month or two before sending them out.   I would miss them way to much right now lol

No worries, we all have those moments! I'd just send him a PM and let him know that you plan to wait. Enjoy your TH-X00's!

- InsanityOne 
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back