PETEREK (formerly cCasperTFG) MOD & Cable Thread
May 29, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #391 of 551
Brandon is also working on the same mod for me on my Lawton'd TH900's. Can't wait to see them! Your pair is gorgeous! What wood is that? I got Flame Marbled Walnut and love it. I wanted a Type 1 wood.

Tom

May 30, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #392 of 551
Meant to post this earlier, but I got my project back from Peterek! And man, was it worth the wait. Would definitely recommend him again in a heartbeat, and I'm quite sad that he's had to scale down his orders. There's still a handful of projects I'd like him to do =(. Anyway, enjoy some photos of my headphone mods done by Brandon.

Fostex mods are some of my absolute favorites, and those look stunning! Are they TH-600's or TH-900's? Either way, I'm sure they sound fantastic! Enjoy!

- InsanityOne :k701smile:

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #394 of 551
Yes, sorry for the delays everyone. I am working diligently towards being caught up. I understand that it can be frustrating not getting a response for a while and trust me I don't like doing that to people. I get many of those types of messages a day, if I spent the time responding to every single one that would be a lot of time not spent on completing orders. Just know that I see the messages and that I am working towards getting your product or modification completed. I have to follow the queue, otherwise one person might be satisfied with having their order completed while another is waiting even longer.

Once I am caught up I do not want to stop taking on orders, I enjoy doing it and people need a way to have these things done properly, the process of ordering will have to change though. I will have to stop the long communication sessions that I have been having with people and will have to go to having ads for _____ product, for everything. If you have some kind of crazy idea or something that you just don't see that I will be offering you can message me through Etsy and we can talk about whatever that is. I love doing custom builds, but that is one part that causes some delays. Most companies have a specialty (Lawton and his cups, DHC, Norne, and the like with their cables, etc. (these companies are all great, I am just giving examples here.)), I do so many different types of things that bouncing back and forth from this mod, to cable, to adapter, to .... whatever else makes it hard to complete things in batches like the specialty guys. Doing one modification after another of the same exact headphone would be easy, making 5 cables that are mostly the same one right after another would be easy, but I end up with a very assorted list of orders. Maybe group orders will be a possibility in the future for lower prices, I don't know, I'll be trying different things.

I really appreciate the guys that are chiming in after someone asks what's going on with their order or my messaging here in the thread, you're spot on 95% of the time.

I will still be trying to respond to messages at a minimum until I have little to nothing to complete on my order list, it's nothing personal, I'm doing it for your own benefit and mine. 5 messages to respond to is easily the amount of time it take to complete a cable or modification.

I appreciate everyone's patience.

Thanks for the Reply.
Much appreciated!

Jun 20, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #396 of 551
I usually have good communication but it's been like 5 weeks :frowning2:

I hope he is not sick or something.
I heard from him last week, and that was about 2 weeks after I sent him an email.
He's fine, still trying to get caught up.
I think Life is getting in the way of him responding...

Jun 25, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #397 of 551
I heard from him last week, and that was about 2 weeks after I sent him an email.
He's fine, still trying to get caught up.
I think Life is getting in the way of him responding...

Yeah I heard from him. I shoulda shut my yap. Dude has done good work several times for me so I shoulda sat back.
Reminder for the kids out there...
Custom gear is awesome and handmade and takes time.

**gonna cut down on the caffeine one of these days**:head_bandage:

Jul 4, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #398 of 551
IMGP6216.JPG
IMGP6225.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP6228.JPG
    IMGP6228.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Jul 4, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #399 of 551
Jul 4, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #400 of 551

Oh boy! That stuff looks really good. Brandon does it again!

- InsanityOne :k701smile:

He's a manimal! King O' the customs
I will do a vid of the Z7 and the concept of the interchange connects so some folks can skip buying multi cables and just go balanced at the driver and re terminate to anything on the bottom with inter changeable connects. I woulda done it long ago if i had used my brain. Lucky Brandon's got a bigger brain for this than me :)

Jul 25, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #401 of 551
I'm posting this here in hopes that I too get a response soon. It's been over 3 months since I last heard from Brandon. He has a pair of AKG K812 I sent over for repair due to AKG's "interesting" use of delicate flat ribbon cable looping through the headband. Brandon figured he could open it up and replace their solution with a fine gauge wire that would be much more reliable. But he'd have to open them up to confirm which way would be best to proceed. "Great", I said, let's do it.

The last I heard from him was April 9th when he said he would be getting to it "within the next week or so". I have not heard back since then.

I emailed him 9 days ago asking for a status update and he has not replied. I know he's a busy guy and had excellent communication in the past. I also know he continues delivering, as seen in this thread. So it's likely just a case of the squeaky wheel getting the grease. This is my attempt to be the squeaky wheel. I will update as soon as I have a resolution of any type.

Jul 25, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #402 of 551
I imagine he's haggard based on what he said a while back. I probably wouldn't have 3 months of patience. Somewhere in there he should have 5 min to send you an email update. It would be nice if he could be more active since he does good work.

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #403 of 551
I just received a large order from Brandon that had been due for quite some time. This included his TH900 input mod along with 2 cables and a number of adapters. The build quality was top notch. So he is completing projects - just need to be patient I guess. His Etsy email seems to be the best way to reach him.

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #404 of 551
I just received a large order from Brandon that had been due for quite some time. This included his TH900 input mod along with 2 cables and a number of adapters. The build quality was top notch. So he is completing projects - just need to be patient I guess. His Etsy email seems to be the best way to reach him.

Thanks for that - I took your suggestion and used the Etsy contact method, sure enough, got an answer that way. My K812 is supposedly being worked on right now, so hopefully I see it again in the next week or so. Will be nice to have it back, balanced this time, without having to worry about potential failure of the poor stock internal cabling.

Jul 27, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #405 of 551
I tell no lies.

P1040605.JPG

But yes, sorry for the missed emails. I do generally only contact through Etsy nowadays and I'm not on Head-fi too much anymore.

If you have an open order expect to have it within the month, my pending order list is very short. After that list has disappeared I will take on some custom orders (through Etsy) and the Fostex/Denon/Emu modifications that are still available on my shop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back