Pete Millett Hybrid MAX - PCB
Dec 3, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #16 of 19
Gosh - go out of town for a couple of days and then a whole thread starts up about the lack of MAX boards. ruZZ.il is correct - the MiniMAX is primary focus right now.

However, we did mess up on the timing between the two - I had not intended to run out of the original MAX boards, but more people bought them in the last couple of months than Colin or me had predicted. Suffice to say that cetoole has designed enough changes on the regular MAX board - V1.2 - that some testing is warranted, but it's not anything that will require group prototyping. (Most of that has been done already on the MiniMAX.) The circuits between the two boards will not change - the MAX will remain the same as the bigger option, not restricted to height, and will be able to use MOSFETs. The MiniMAX will remain as the smallest version possible for through-hole parts, with the option for the custom-machined Lansing cases. I'm going to try my best to keep the cases stocked at a limited number, but we'll see how that goes.

The primary changes to the V1.2 MAX will be of convenience and accessories. Plus, it will incorporate the Power Supply changes proven so successful on the MiniMAX. So, when I get some parts ordered and change a few things on a MiniMAX board for testing, that should be sufficient. We'll order the boards and off we'll go with V1.2. I'm hoping sometime close to Christmas, perhaps, but we'll see ... just been so busy lately.
frown.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #17 of 19
Tom, so many people owe you and Colin in untold measure to make these great amps available... now, about those shunted regulators...
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tom, so many people owe you and Colin in untold measure to make these great amps available... now, about those shunted regulators...
evil_smiley.gif

group buy is starting
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back