Pet turtle can bring life long happiness
Sep 21, 2015 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
So my friend got a pet turtle and he really loves it so much. In many ways, a turtle is better than a cat or a dog. Cats and dogs don't live long lives. A death of a cat or dog can be emotionally traumatic.

However, a turtle can live for many decades and even 100 years. A relationship with a turtle can be like a marriage in some ways because you know the turtle for so many years and the bonding relationship can be deeper than with a with a dog because of its longevity of life. In theory, you'll never be heart broken because a turtle can out live you.

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 7
I HAD three 170 pound Tortoises and they were hungry all day everyday. They will follow me until I fed them.

Sep 21, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #3 of 7
Losing a pet is like losing a lifelong friend, it always breaks the heart. I saw in YouTube a man crys because he lost his friend for more than 20 years a pet umbrella Cockatoo. Everything dies in the end and what remains after that is a heartbreaking memories.

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/B51hO8McLbs[/VIDEO]

Sep 22, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

So my friend got a pet turtle and he really loves it so much. In many ways, a turtle is better than a cat or a dog. Cats and dogs don't live long lives. A death of a cat or dog can be emotionally traumatic.

However, a turtle can live for many decades and even 100 years. A relationship with a turtle can be like a marriage in some ways because you know the turtle for so many years and the bonding relationship can be deeper than with a with a dog because of its longevity of life. In theory, you'll never be heart broken because a turtle can out live you.

If you outlive the turtle then you'll still have to worry about what the turtle will feel if you die, or whether anyone will care for the turtle at least in a basic sense, the same way you'd have to worry about that kitten or puppy you picked up from the shelter or backyard when you're already retired and then you get diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer of whatever. Or you just drop dead of a cardiac infarction. Schiit happens, basically.

Also there are evolutionary and psychological biases for why we have cats and dogs. Historically they served a function other than end up on Chinese soup, which set off the domestication process. Weaker wolves that didn't have large enough packs were thought to have shadowed humans for scrap, and likely that humans intentionally bribed them with scraps so as not to attack their young,* which the wolves took to mean "hey there's our new Alpha! no more awwooooooooooooo, we're gonna make you go awww when we woof-woof!" Cats on the other hand were initially believed to be a product of agriculture: as granaries grew they attracted rats, and where the rats are in abundance, the cats followed. However evidence of this goes back 5,000 years to China and Egypt, but they found a stone-age grave in Cyprus (roughly 9,000BC) where a human and cat were buried together along with some depictions of cats. Basically, the time gap between that grave to crap I can't say the names of the twin lioness and cat because it's part of What-Must-Not-Be-Said-On-Head-Fi but they're on Stargate are just as wide as the time gap between crap I can't say the names of the twin lioness and cat because it's part of What-Must-Not-Be-Said-On-Head-Fi but they're on Stargate to Garfield. 

On an evolutionary sense there are critical features that made humans close to cats and dogs (and past those, birds): ****, fur, and homeothermic metabolism. Mammals all live off milk, which is why some rel...crap I can't say What-Must-Not-Be-Said-On-Head-Fi...some groups until now would have Sac...err...What-Must-Not-Be-Said-On-Head-Fi...Cows that you can't force to get off the road, or collect a whole load of milk and then pour over an image of Gan...What-Must-Not-Be-Said-On-Head-Fi...an elephant...yeah, an elephant. They pour cow milk on an elephant-headed statue during festivals. Similarly the Mongols actually preferred Mares over Stallions (in contrast for example to how Bucephalus made every Alexander-wannabe have a huge, wild stallion of their own, like Caligula's Incitatus) because when on campaign they eat whatever stallions are there (horse sirloin steaks slow cooked under the saddle) while the Mares can continue to provide milk as long as they are hydrated and well fed. The fur and homeothermic qualities means that they can cuddle to pool heat (and as a downside, share epidermal parasites) while the feel of fur, hair, and skin are relatively familiar compared to shells and scales. Add to that how we communicate by sound, even if we don't completely understand each other but still do so with dogs and cats. There's even a theory that the sound kittens make, oddly similar to a human baby in distress, was developed as an adaptive or even evolutionary feature to increase chances of survival (meaning thousands of years before humane shelters little kids in Egypt had a propensity to go "awwwwwwwwwwww kittens!").

Just to be clear though I'm just clarifying why cats and dogs (plus horses and other bovines, rodents, and to a lesser extent birds - except in place of milk we take their eggs) are where they are compared to turtles and also snakes (add to that how crap I can't mention it but it involves an "apple" took away for example how they used to be seen, like crap I can't mention it either but look up how Athens came to be, or that thing on King Tut's headdress). So, yeah, What-Must-Not-Be-Discussed also figures in why that gap between dogs, cats, and turtles are as wide as they are, not to mention What-Must-Not-Be-Discussed nearly wiped out domestic cats during its peak in Europe, all because they were associated with another group of What-Must-Not-Be-Discussed. Still, if you looked up the Four Guardians of China, you'd see there the Tiger and Vermillion Bird along with the Dragon and Turtle. Given the turtle is to the north and there isn't a sea nor swap (ie awesome snapping turtles) I'm going to guess that they found an ankylosaur skeleton in the Gobi and thought it was a turtle. 

*Just like the Loyola clan in Spain, vs what the Parisians did. The latter had an epic battle with a large wolf pack, while the Loyolas in Spain just brought out scrap food, made a stew out of it, and whatever was too much for their own dogs was left in the middle of town so that the wolves would leave the livestock alone. This is still on the family seal, one use of it posted here but every reference to What-Must-Not-Be-Discussed are censored.

Losing a pet is like losing a lifelong friend, it always breaks the heart. I saw in YouTube a man crys because he lost his friend for more than 20 years a pet umbrella Cockatoo. Everything dies in the end and what remains after that is a heartbreaking memories.

I still do things for my dead cats associated with What-Must-Not-Be-Discussed, in the hope that one day when my heart is weighed against...ah, crap...Something-That-Must-Not-Be-Discussed like light candles for them, bury them with cakes so a three-head...ah, crap, Must-Not-Be-Discussed...and then only to have people tell me these do not count as What-Must-Not-Be-Discussed because to them believing in a cat-headed woman doesn't count as What-Must-Not-Be-Discussed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back