Pet-Fi
Apr 15, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #124 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is Uma checking progress on my amp:

She makes squeeze toy noises and has a tendency to drool when held. She's about 14 and (I hope) is in great health. Always affectionate and has never shown the slightest hint of aggression towards people. Assorted rodents, lizards and catnip-filled toys have not been so lucky.

Heheh, my dog makes squeeky toy noises, which I think are hiccups usually. Although from what others have told me, she was probably "debarked" by a previous owner before she was rescued. So the damage to her vocal cords is what causes the squeeky toy noises. It's cute and sad at the same time.

-Ed

Apr 15, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #125 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
qusp I would not get that close to them, in case of rabies.

LOL; nah man, i'm not worried, these guys have grown up here. all bar 'Big Momma' are an extended family and i've known all of them since babies except for vera, who I figure was maybe 18months- 2 years old when she; or rather 'diver' had his accident and fell off the cupboard and I 'made 'first contact'. never once have they even looked like being in any way aggressive. they are so gentle. not all possums are this friendly, they arent aggressive either, but these guys have grown up around us, so they are more tame than most. besides they are very clean animals and i've had my rabies shots anyway not that long ago. how boring to live in fear of that sort of crap and not get to experience life on its own terms.

we have bigger, more dangerous animals everywhere in OZ that I wouldnt go near. if it had been koalas I was feedingf you would be like ohh; but Koalas are grumpy, viscious little suckers, when they arent too high on the only food they eat.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HippieTom
Very Cool man. Big thanks for your effort. Cool that they are so "friendly". And so cute. Must be funny to watch.

no problem man, glad to share. they certainly are cute and funny as; Silly Billy was a riot when he was younger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by acidbasement
Yup, and you should always wear a helmet in case of falling pianos.

Cute critters!

yeah man; i'm with that; I even took out insurance for that very reason (I sleep in a cage); I dont want to wake up one day and B Flat..yuk yuk ..he ..he....haaaa.. sorry guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
While related, Possums are quite different than North American O'Possums.

Cuter too.

-Ed

absolutely true and we have two different types of possums here too, these are endemic to North Queensland and New Guinee, but obviously have spread this far sounth for a long time, but the possums native to this area (the 'Ring-Tail' Possum) are much smaller and you dont see many of them; they are much smaller, kinda bug-eyed but very shy; we get them here every now and then too, but they are kinda flightly.

Quote:

Heheh, my dog makes squeeky toy noises, which I think are hiccups usually. Although from what others have told me, she was probably "debarked" by a previous owner before she was rescued. So the damage to her vocal cords is what causes the squeeky toy noises. It's cute and sad at the same time.

-Ed

your right, thats a kinda cute, but appaling story; people like that make me want to mow them down in the street.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #127 of 133
Awwww! So cuuuute! Pigs are so underrated.

Apr 18, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #128 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All these poodle mixes are neat looking. Do they maintain the benefit of the poodle's coat? We've thought about getting a poodle too. One drag about having 2 long haired dogs is all the damn hair everywhere! lol

I have to quote wikipedia for this one:

"As such, Labradoodles' hair can be anywhere from wiry to soft, and may be straight, wavy, or curly. Some Labradoodles do shed, although the coat usually sheds less and has less dog odor than that of a Labrador Retriever."

Labradoodle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tula (our doodle) seems not to shred, except when she scratches. She then loses chunks of hair. All in all i believe that doodles shred less than regular coats, but there is no guarantee. I do know that a sister of Tula (same mother and father) has a completely different coat - much more poodle-like. Don't know weather it shreds more or less. These are first generation doodles, having a poodle-father and flat-coat mother. Maybe doodles with doodle-parents are more predictable, but I don't know. Someone else probably do know. Please enlighten us!

Good luck finding your shred-free dog
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #129 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2042430776_037eefe6bf.jpg

This is Ani the man eating beast.

338044001_8f4726fe51.jpg

And here she is involved in her favorite activity, human-eating

cool eyes.

Apr 22, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #130 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by torjeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to quote wikipedia for this one:

"As such, Labradoodles' hair can be anywhere from wiry to soft, and may be straight, wavy, or curly. Some Labradoodles do shed, although the coat usually sheds less and has less dog odor than that of a Labrador Retriever."

Labradoodle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tula (our doodle) seems not to shred, except when she scratches. She then loses chunks of hair. All in all i believe that doodles shred less than regular coats, but there is no guarantee. I do know that a sister of Tula (same mother and father) has a completely different coat - much more poodle-like. Don't know weather it shreds more or less. These are first generation doodles, having a poodle-father and flat-coat mother. Maybe doodles with doodle-parents are more predictable, but I don't know. Someone else probably do know. Please enlighten us!

Good luck finding your shred-free dog
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the info! Cute pup. I'd like to see more pics sometime.

I really love my flat coat. I know we all love our pets, but he really is the best dog I've ever known. Not to disparage anyone else's dogs of course
wink.gif

I'm pretty sure I'd like to get another when it's time, but I've talked to other owners that have pure bread flat coats and it seems there is a propensity for hip problems. I'd hate to not have my buddy be able to hike with me
frown.gif

Apr 25, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #131 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the info! Cute pup. I'd like to see more pics sometime.

I really love my flat coat. I know we all love our pets, but he really is the best dog I've ever known. Not to disparage anyone else's dogs of course
wink.gif

I'm pretty sure I'd like to get another when it's time, but I've talked to other owners that have pure bread flat coats and it seems there is a propensity for hip problems. I'd hate to not have my buddy be able to hike with me
frown.gif

The flat is probably my favorite retriever. They are such loving dogs full of energy and enough love to share with everyone; known people and strangers alike. Hip problem is a problem with all the retrievers, as far as I know. It's a shame, hope the breeders manage to get rid of it. Another high-energy retriever which is gaining popularity (at least here in Norway) is the Nova Scotia Duck-Tolling Retriever. Somewhat smaller than the other retrievers, and drop dead gorgeous if you ask me ... I'll post a pic from wikipedia, just to justify my rambling
smily_headphones1.gif

800px-Toller_Pup_%26_Sire.JPG

I think someone should post more pics of their pets now
normal_smile .gif

Apr 25, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #133 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cool eyes.

Wow she's beautiful. The cat I mean, of course
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back