Pet-Fi
Apr 7, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #106 of 133
Do you know what type of cat that is grape ape? Very special with that hair. Very nice

Apr 7, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #108 of 133
Chooch.jpg

Apr 7, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #109 of 133
This is my hiking buddy, Doc.
Doc1kIslemorning.jpg

He's a mountaineer now. (~13,500ft King's Peak, UT)
KingsofTheMountainonKingsPeak.jpg

He's smart too. See! He's reading the sign to make sure he knows the rules before we start our hike.
DocReadinTheTHSign.jpg

Apr 7, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #110 of 133
Grey old photo of the older cat Gabe. She was cute back then.... today she have ripped me open so many times for so many reasons but still thats the best picture ever of her at our tiny first apartment where the only expensive thing was the ergonomic chair she is sleeps on and the computer I was suppose to use while sitting there...

2. one is both our cats - other one is Timm our little male tiger..

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #111 of 133
Wow Hayduke, great scenery & cool dog. I love Big Dogs.

Flat Coated Retreiver?

Apr 8, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #113 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ech0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow Hayduke, great scenery & cool dog. I love Big Dogs.

Flat Coated Retreiver?

Thanks Ech0
smily_headphones1.gif
He is indeed a flat coat. At least he sure looks exactly like one. A friend of my sister-inlaw found him roaming the streets in Phoenix. So we don't have papers for him or anything. My wife went over to see him and fell in love. She brought him home and now he is definitely my dog. Follows me everywhere
tongue.gif
It probably has to do with the time I saved him from drowning. He's a good swimmer, but on a backpacking trip in the Sierras, he fell into a creek with his pack on. It was a bad spot and he would not have been able to get out. Luckily I heard the splash and was only 10 feet away. I ran over and pulled him out. We had a strong bond before that, but I think that pretty much bonded us for life.
biggrin.gif

Seems to be a less known breed then the golden. I was thinking of getting a golden or lab when my other, older, dog (aussie/collie looking mutt) passes, but Doc is such a great dog, I might get another flat coat. Of course I hope I won't have to deal with that for a long long time. The other dog, Kacey, is ~8-9 now and healthy. His hips are starting to bother him some, but he still loves to go run in the woods on our hikes
smily_headphones1.gif

All these poodle mixes are neat looking. Do they maintain the benefit of the poodle's coat? We've thought about getting a poodle too. One drag about having 2 long haired dogs is all the damn hair everywhere! lol

Apr 8, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #114 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by HippieTom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know what type of cat that is grape ape? Very special with that hair. Very nice

yes, they're called a selkirk rex. in the 80's a british short hair was born with curly hair. A breeder started breading them with persians and exotic short hairs and created the selkirk rex. Mine has been bred with an exotic short hair but has more british short hair features.

Apr 9, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #115 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by grape ape /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, they're called a selkirk rex. in the 80's a british short hair was born with curly hair. A breeder started breading them with persians and exotic short hairs and created the selkirk rex. Mine has been bred with an exotic short hair but has more british short hair features.

Very cool. Thanx.

Apr 11, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #117 of 133
well I dont know if this really qualifies;

SillyBillyclose.jpg

we have an extended family of possums that live under and around our house. the one thats been here the longest is called Vera and this is one of her kids Billy; so called because he's a bit silly (he's fallen off the cupboard a few times and I actually think he's 'damaged goods'. Vera used to; and still does sleep on top of one of the cupboards out on the veranda and one day one of her babies fell off while she was sleeping. I woke up to this crazy noise coming from outside and she was frantic. At first I didnt know what was going on, but I eventually woke up enough to realize that the baby wasnt there. so I picked it up and handed it up to Vera; shes adopted us since then and is the gentlest of animals. eats out of my hand and everything.

I know i'm contributing to the myth that wildlife just roams the street in Australia, but there is a definate urban possum population. my favourite one is called Wendy; i'll get some more pics in a couple of days; Wendy is quite a pretty possum and she sleeps downstairs with her young baby (unnamed) right next to my workshop; she will often come by and say hello with her baby on her back on her way out to get some food. We feed them some fruit and veges and some sunflower seeds, but not enough that they have to rely on us and would be in trouble if we move on. Wendy will hang upside-down from one of our beams by her tail and eat out of my hand she's very gentle and will take my hand to pull the food to he mouth so she can take it.

we have about 7 regulars and a couple of ring-ins that show themselves every now and then. most are female as the males have to go find themselves a patch of their own. I was a bit concerned about it for a while, but then realized that they are an urban population and would be scavenging from humans anyway.

Apr 14, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #118 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bogi, our Old English Sheepdog - when he was a baby 2 years ago

Very nice, but does he see anything? He reminds me off "Labbetuss". a Norwegian superstar/fluffy dog that was on TV when i grew up
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well I dont know if this really qualifies;

Off course it does, as long its your friends
bigsmile_face.gif
The coolest animal i have seen in a while. Would love to have some around here but i only see seagulls around here.and deers. Would love to see more pics of them if you have?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my cats

My nameless cat who scratches up everything i have and climbing up everything he sees. he has got me many cleaning hours already from walking on my dinnerplates and fatty stuff and he have jumped in the toilet two times. So funny to watch.

dscf2379800x600jpg.jpg

Here is Silke. Shes 1 year old. She is the smart one for sure. Got her name because she is so soft to touch.

dscf1822768x1024.jpg

Apr 15, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #119 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by HippieTom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice, but does he see anything? He reminds me off "Labbetuss". a Norwegian superstar/fluffy dog that was on TV when i grew up
bigsmile_face.gif

Off course it does, as long its your friends
bigsmile_face.gif
The coolest animal i have seen in a while. Would love to have some around here but i only see seagulls around here.and deers. Would love to see more pics of them if you have?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my cats

My nameless cat who scratches up everything i have and climbing up everything he sees. he has got me many cleaning hours already from walking on my dinnerplates and fatty stuff and he have jumped in the toilet two times. So funny to watch.

Here is Silke. Shes 1 year old. She is the smart one for sure. Got her name because she is so soft to touch.

well I guess you could say we are friends
tongue.gif
hers some more pics I managed to get one of most of the others you havent seen yet. none of Vera as she came later after I put the camera away.

here's 'Big Mama' shes the largest possum we have here and shes a little shy; very gentle (except to other possums)
Mute.jpg

this is 'Digit' he/she is Wendy's baby; Wendy is my favourite and you'll see why in a minute.
digitcuteas.jpg

and human and beast connect
biggrin.gif

digit.jpg

digitclose-up.jpg

and here's my Favorite 'Wendy' shes great; very cute and so friendly. I reckon I could pick her up or have her sit on my shoulder as shes so gentle and almost affectionate. she also often holds my hand while she takes the food from me.
wendyhanging2.jpg

wendyhanging.jpg

wendy.jpg

pretty cool huh??

nice cats BTW Tom, you can even see the second one with a name is more intelligent. just took these pics about an hour ago. excuse my unkempt appearance; been slaving over a hot soldering iron for almost 48hrs solid with a couple of large orders; so feeling/looking a bit hagged

Apr 15, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #120 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

pretty cool huh??

Very Cool man. Big thanks for your effort. Cool that they are so "friendly". And so cute. Must be funny to watch.
peaceman-150x150.jpg

Peace man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back